Monday 15 June 2020

CAS Mix Up Reminder

Hello, 
Today I am here with a reminder for the CAS Mix Up June challenge. There is still time to join us. Susan is our host and she wants us to use embossed vellum on our cards this month.


This time my card has heat embossing on vellum using a lovely pearly embossing powder by Wow called chocolate caramel pearl. I have kept the card monotone with a white dry embossed background.


I have used stamping, heat embossing, dry embossing, die-cutting and stencilling (on the insert and envelope)

I have taken to adding embellishments to the envelopes of my cards and also adding inserts that I embellish too. I like the added detail and sense of luxury that it gives the card, but the downside is how long it takes to do!

I hope you find time to join us this month, don't forget that there are links to some technique videos on the blog if you need help with ideas.

I am also sharing this at:
AAA Birthday #14 - Use Vellum


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 
XX

19 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the embossed background and the embossed vellum
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Hilary, love the heat embossing.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Love this yummy chocolate embossing powder! It plays beautifully with the white dry embossed background! Very elegant, Hilary!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Hillary, the heat and dry embossing are gorgeous. Love your layout :)

Loll said...

LOVE the beautiful colour and design of your heat embossed main panel, Hilary! It's gorgeous! Wonderful idea to add something special to the inside of a card ... and to the envelope!! xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning card! I love the beautiful colour and the patterns of the stamp and embossed background!

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely, Hilary!
=]

Viv said...

Yummy embossing powder colour Hilary and the monochrome colour scheme is just lovely. Great embossed panel background and your choccy embossed centre is now making me want to reach for a choccy bar! x

Bonnie said...

That embossing powder looks good enough to eat. Your are so correct, the added touches of decorated envelope and liners takes time but sure finishes the card front in a way that nothing else can. Plus the recipient knows the love.

Jo said...

So very crisp and pristine, a gorgeous card. Love the framing and matting giving a beautiful richness.

Diane said...

Fabulous embossed background and what a gorgeous card.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Most stunning card, love the gorgeousness shown here, just beautifully designed too.xx

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning Hilary, I love every detail and that embossing powder is a brilliant addition!

Mia said...

This card is PERFECT, Hilary!!!!!!!!

Jane said...

That embossing powder sounds like it should be eaten! Fabulous use of vellum on your beautiful card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Linda said...

This looks so elegant. I love the colour of the embossing powder on the vellum panel .... another one to add to the shopping list! xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes I know what you mean about embellishing envelopes etc Hilary, but it is so worth the effort x. What a classy card with a wonderful vellum topper and I love the embossed colour x.

Ashwini Rao said...

What a gorgeous card, Hilary! Loving the look of pearl embossing on the vellum, and the embossed white to compliment it! And I agree with the extra embellishing - though I usually try to work only on the envelopes and not the cards' insides - but they add that extra personal touch, and make it so special!

Milla said...

So very stylish card! Very elegant with the limited colour palette. Thanks so much for sharing at AAA Birthday!