Thursday, 2 July 2026

June Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 25 card makers took part and I sent my card to Linda in MN USA.

Here is my card:

From all the options this month I used the colours, black, white and your choice, the theme of friendship and the technique of embossing.

I decided to use my favourite embossing folder from Spellbinders and the background inking technique. I wanted a good ink coverage so I used my Catherine Pooler midnight ink. This ink is really black, which is great, but it also has a tendency to stain everything it touches. Thankfully it did clean off my embossing folder OK. I am pleased to say that it worked well and gave a really good coverage on the background.

I decided to use gold as my third colour and simply cut these heart flowers from matt gold card and adhered them behind the gold foiled sentiment, which is also Spellbinders. I didn't want to cover up the embossing too much. I wasn't that happy with this one when I first made it, but it has grown on me. I am pleased to say that it reached its destination in good time and Linda seemed to be happy with it. I do love the effect of the embossing though, it is my current favourite technique.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Greta in Oregon. It's stunning, I love the glitter paste. Thanks Greta.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

18 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous effect with the black on white embossing Hilary, you really did get excellent coverage on that folder! The gold makes the whole thing look very sophisticated. Congrats on being the winner of the draw, I hope you have fun shopping at Seven Hills!

Julia Aston said...

What a great design using those tricky colors, Hilary! Love the inked EF background and the gold hearts on stems is perfect with that sentiment! Julia xx

Dotty Jo said...

I'm always sooooooooooooo jealous of anyone who can do this embossing colour technique! I've tries and tried and just can't. Love your card, Hilary, it looks really dramatic. Thanks for playing at CCC once again and being a link in our chain. Jo x

Linby said...

Such an effective use of the technique with this pretty embossing folder. It looks lovely.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks for this gorgeous, elegant card, Hilary - I love it!! Those heart flowers make me smile and I love the embossed flowers with the black background!! Thanks again for the sweet lilies of the valley cuts too!!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I'm relieved to read that you were able to clean your embossing folder - that ink sure does stain our stamps! But, when you're right, you're right - it did give you wonderful coverage for this technique and turned out beautifully with this lovely embossing folder!
What a great card!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and embossing folder, love the gold heart flowers- absolutely beautiful card from Greta too.
Carol x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is wonderful.I do like that embossingfolder and the effect of the ink. The card you've recieved is lovely too....
Hope you are doing well.

brenda said...

You achieved a lovely finish with the EF Hilary, a technique I am yet to feel happy with, must try harder! Lovely card from Greta as well.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You used the technique so beautifully, we are never happy with our work are we? I love the gold with the black, it's a very beautiful card Hilary. x

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what a dramatic card Hilary - that is amazing!
Blessings
Maxine

Leslie Miller said...

Being an emboss-aholic, I'm impressed by your stunning creation! I cannot make that technique work satisfactorily for me, but you have managed it beautifully. I love the folder. Spellbinders folders oftentimes have such a large pattern, but this one is perfect. Greta's card is so lovely, too, with the colors and sparkle.

EmmaT said...

Beautiful bold card from you, that black background really makes the white embossing pop and beautiful card to receive

Christine said...

Beautiful card, you got amazing coverage inking your embossing folder, I thought it was heat embossing when I first saw it . I love the card xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card inking the inside of an embossing folder. Great coverage with the ink! I haven't done this technique in a long time ... need to give it a go! :) Thanks for the inspiration! xx

Kathy said...

The Black, white and gold combo is so stylish, and I'm oving that embossing!

Greta said...

Wow--that ink pad certainly did work for the folder technique! Absolutely love the look and the gold flowers and sentiment were great choices! Happy you like the stenciled card, Hilary. It was really fun to make.

Ashwini said...

Sorry for being so late - but glad I didn't miss it! What a gorgeous background with bnw! Great use of the embossing folder. I love those little godlen hearts too. Great card, Hilary!