Pages

Sunday, 12 July 2026

Sending all the happy

Today I have an eclipse cas card to share. When I saw that Loll had brought back the CAS Mix Up challenge, I was determined to join in.

I needed a card for a 17yr girl who has her birthday in August, so I decided to make the number 17 the eclipse element.


I have used the stamp set called flower field stamps by Christina Werner with Concord & 9th. This is a large 6x8 inch stamp, so not appropriate for a CAS card. I therefore used a circle die to cut a section after I had coloured it with the matching stencils. I used my nesting circle dies to cut a mat gold frame and small number dies also by Concord & 9th to cut out the numbers from the image. I stacked them 3 times. The flower centres and little bee (from a different stamp set) were coloured with sparkle pens.


I hope you can see the eclipse OK. I took the photo above at an angle to try and show it better, but I am not sure it has made much difference, you can, however, see the shine from the gold card and sparkle pens.

The sentiment is from the same set. In retrospect I wish I had stamped it directly on the card front, but as I have the matching dies I used them. I wanted to add a little bit of bling so included a few teeny tiny gems around the sentiment and the numbers. I hope I haven't ruined its CAS credentials.

Thanks to Carol of Inkyfingers for giving me the inspiration for using this stamp.

I am sharing this at:
Seize The Birthday #330 - One or more numbers. The sentiment inside the card reads 'on your 17th birthday'


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

28 comments:

  1. A lovely eclipse card Hilary. Lovely use of the stencil for colouring too! Am sure she will love this pretty make! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS eclipse card, love the little circle of pretty flowers and little sparkly Bee.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautifully put together. The image is sweet. And, as usual your cards are lovely stationary with matching envelopes and inner liners. Lucky girl to be getting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary, the florals are SO beautiful and happy - what 17 yo wouldn't love your darling card? Come to think of it, what girl of any age wouldn't love receiving your card? x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely eclipse card Hilary, the numbers may be subtle but they’re definitely there. I think tiny gems up the mixed media factor and still keep it CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the 17 is definitely visible. :)
    I love how you've incorporated the eclipse and made the card personalized. Very clean design, very clean card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to see you at We Love Stamping as an entrant Hilary and with a beautifully elegant card for the young lady, thanks so much for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look closely, but when I did, I saw it on the 'straight on' photo first - well done on a lovely card Hilary
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card and the eclipse element of her age is just wonderful. Love the bling too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card for a teen girl! I love the hidden number - so subtle and classy. So happy to see your card in the gallery at CAS Mix Up Challenge:) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so lovely! So creative with the eclipse!! Beautiful flowers and sweet bee all surrounded by the gorgeous gold circular frame!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! The 17 looks very delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hilary
    What a fabulous way to incorporate an age onto a card front .. .. .. I shall remember that for the future.
    A great finished look and love all the gold and sparkle and the fun image.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to cut the image down into a circle and beautifully framed in gold, and the '17' stands out brilliantly Hilary..the colours are really pretty too. A wonderful CAS eclipse card. Thank you for joining us over at CAS Mix Up. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, the eclipse works perfectly with your flowery image. I love the card xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm back with my DT hat on Hilary, I still think the eclipse of the age is a clever addition on this beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing summer card, the eclipse works beautiful with this little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautifully executed idea and a clever way to show the age but not too prominently. It's so nice to see you entering at We Love Stamping, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a happy card and this one has plenty of it! The sentiment is great and I can see the 17 in the second photo just fine. It's part of the beauty of an eclipse card to have that subtle feature you don't notice immediately. The recipient gets a little something extra. The touches of gold are very pretty. It's still plenty CAS by my standards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea to eclipse the number - love this, Hilary!! I'm behind on my blog commenting but trying to catch up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love, love, love this idea of using a number as the hidden eclipse element, Hilary! It worked perfectly with these darling flowers in the gold circle and I call your design CASlicious! She will love this and how you added more flowers and bees to the envie! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just a sensational birthday card. Love how you incorporated the numbers into your design. The matching envelope is terrific too. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely eclipse card Hilary, the large image works well with the die cut circle and t colours are so pretty

    Thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card, love the gold frame that makes it all pop

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous summery card, love the design. Thank you for sharing at we Love Stamping. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your circle garden is so pretty! Lovely, bright, and happy colours to celebrate a 17th birthday!! Love your CAS design with the gold circle framing and your gold gems to pull it all together. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up, sweet friend! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a message, I love to hear what you think of my cards.

Please note that this blog is public, and in commenting, you do so publicly.