Today I have a card I made for my cousins' 50th wedding anniversary. It is such a special achievement that I tried to make her and her lucky husband a very special card.
I used lots of dies and hotfoiling for this one. It took a while to make, but I was pleased with the end result. The nesting circle frame dies are by Clarity Crafts and I cut them from a matt gold and white card and alternated them. These dies can be quite challenging to cut so there was lots of time spent on that. I am afraid I seem to have lost the packaging for the central die that has cut the hearts out and I can't remember where I got it. The numbers are by Concord & 9th and the flower is by Pink Fresh Studio, I used matching stencils to colour it.
I created the insert and decorated the envelope by using the matching cut out dies by Clarity Crafts. I then used pink paper to back them.
Sadly my first marriage ended after 14yrs and I have only reached 10 on my second marriage, but we have been together for 30yrs. Still a long way short of 50 though.
I am sharing this at:
Addicted to Stamps and more #524 - any occasion. Thanks Carol for reminding me that I had this card ready to share.
Unfortunately I had a little accident yesterday (Tuesday 25th). I was walking with my husband and I lost my balance on the edge of the kerb and fell. I have broken my left wrist (I am left handed) and am now in plaster for at least 4 weeks. I am feeling very useless and stupid bearing in mind that I generally walk around 5 miles a day quite happily. Hey ho.....
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.




22 comments:
That is a great idea! Maybe I can realize something like that with my dies..
Gorgeous card Hilary, I’m sure it will be a keepsake of a milestone anniversary.
So sorry to hear about your fall, you have my sympathy….. but welcome to the club! A kerb played a bit part in my fall in April, which resulted in my wrist in plaster.
Liz xx
That is one fabulous card, Hilary. Your die cut and inset circles are perfect, and the simple flowers "just enough" to make an exquisite keepsake for an important anniversary.
DH and I managed 43 years, just - he passed two days later! Told him he wasn't to go before our anniversary!!... Many a true word spoken in jest...
It always seems to be the dominant 'limb' that gets broken or sprained. I sprained a knee recently - no fall, just standing, taking off my shoes! Like you, I also do a lot of walking.
May you heal well and quickly
Blessings
Maxine
A beautiful card for an occasion well worth celebrating, 50 years of marriage! The alternating circle die cuts look lovely and that’s a very pretty spray of flowers. So sorry to hear about your fall though Hilary — I guess our dominant hand often goes down first in an attempt to protect our heads in a fall. I hope it heals well and you don’t get too frustrated in the meantime.
What a wonderful and unique design for a 50th anniversary. It looks wonderful. I bought those dies after you used them and can concur they are challenging! Worth the effort though as this card is very special. Sorry to read about your fall and subsequent injury hope you heal quickly.
Oh Hilary! Your poor thing. I hope the wrist isn't too painful and I know you'll be well frustrated about being in plaster. Heal quickly. x
Love this special card and your relatives will too! x
50 years seems really monumental to me, too, Hilary! I fear I won't live long enough to see that one but am thankful for each a every year with my [second] husband! Your cousin is sure to love your gorgeous card and the time it takes to make such an intricate design.
I am so sorry to hear about your fall - take care! At least you can still take those walks you enjoy so much!
=]
Your card is lovely! Best wishes to feel better quickly.
Wow, such beautiful layers, gorgeous card
The card you made for your cousin's 50 anniversary is so special Hilary!! I love all the beautiful layering of the decorative circles in gold and white. The flowers are gorgeous ... they are the icing on the cake! Amazing work and such a special keepsake for them to treasure. I'm so sorry about your fall. Take care, my sweet friend. Love, Loll
As usual Hilary, your card is a lovely piece of stationary with all the coordinating parts.
This is just spectacular! All those delicately designed circles look so fabulous with the gold color and the pink flowers look gorgeous! What a great card for 50th anniversary!
This is an absolutely perfect and beautiful anniversary card! So much lovely texture in those decorative rings, and the inner circle with hearts is ideal for the center focus. Congratulations to the happy couple! I'm so sorry about your fall! You'll be having an awkward time of it until the cast comes off. Happily you can keep walking... but be careful of those curbs!
A lovely card for a special occasion. Sorry about the wrist, hope it heals quickly.
B x
A stunning card Hilary and yes a milestone to be celebrated. I'm sure they will love it. We missed our 60th by 6 months! I hope your wrist isn't too painful, and hope it repairs itself well. Take care. x
This is another truly special card!! The delicate flowers make it perfect!!
What a stunning masterpiece, Hilary! I love the intricate design and can see this was a labour of love, that I'm sure was much appreciated. You always make your card extra special with the interior and envelope to match and this is no exception. Wonderful work my friend, and I'm glad you shared it.
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, and hope your wrist isn't too painful now it is in a cast. Take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Carol x
Love all your layered circles, Hilary, and the delicate flowers!! Perfect for your cousin's 50th! So sorry to hear about your fall and sorry it was your left wrist you broke!! At least it wasn't both - another card making friend did that recently!
A very pretty 50th anniversary card for your cousin! Love the pink and all the gold! Wonderful design! I'm sure your cousin will treasure the beautiful card!
Oh no--a fall! I'm so sorry to hear that, Hilary. I know of several people who've had falls lately, so a good reminder to me to be extra careful. I do hope you heal quickly. It's no fun being one-handed and especially when it's your dominant side! You certainly met your goal of making a very special card for such a special anniversary! It's absolutely beautiful!
Sending you love and healing vibes, Hilary. What a stunning card. Jo x
Gorgeous card to send and receive, both very different which is the lovely thing about handmade cards, they are all different.
Ouch to your broken wrist, accidents happen so fast and usually a little thing. When i was diagnosed with MS we got lessons on how to fall - well easier said than done as when it happens its so fast you barely have time to think and the natural instinct is to put your hands/arms out to stop it which is usually what causes the most damage. Sending you lots of positive healing vibes x
Post a Comment