Sunday, 6 September 2026

Just Dies

Today I have a card for 2 challenges that comes from my large stock of cards made but never shared. It is a simple CAS card made with diecuts.


The slatted square die is from Craft Addiction UK, The happy birthday is by Altenew and the little sailing boat is by Cut and Make. I think the colour is cummerbund by Catherine Pooler.


I am sharing this at:


On searching through my files I found 2 more all die cut cards. This time I used the die cut inlay technique with glitter paper. The die is a very old one by Creative Expressions I actually found the panels in a basket of odds and ends relatively recently and decided that they deserved to be made up into cards.



Which is your favourite colourway? I think I prefer the red and yellow, much better contrast. Although usually I would go for the green.



Thanks for all your kind words about my broken wrist. I am slowly coming to terms with being in plaster for 6 weeks and it does ache a lot, but I am getting by. Whilst I can't write, I can type, so here I am.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

15 comments:

Loll said...

Always great when you can use some of the items from your stash box. The first card is so pretty in white and turquoise. Wonderfully designed. The two Christmas lights card is so pretty with all the sparkle from the glitter paper. Take care, my friend. xx

brenda said...

A lovely display Hilary, the first in particular would make a perfect masculine card. Don't push it with that wrist.

B x

Cathy said...

Your sailboat card looks fabulous with the slatted background Hilary, beautifully CAS. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Hilary - I particularly like the very CAS one with the boat - that is exquisite
Blessings
Maxine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card Hilary, love the slatted die, the little sailboat and the colour-very clean looking-if that makes sense lol. Love the two sparkly die-cut cards and green in my favourite colour. Glad to hear you have found a way to craft with your new mat, as you say little things and hope it passes quickly for you and not too much pain.
Carol x

Linby said...

Love the CAS boat cards. That boat die looks like it was made to be with the slat die. I've never seen that CE die before. You've made some lovely cards and I do like the glittery green one most. Take care to let you wrist heal properly.

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, your die-cuts-only cards are... to die for!! I agree that those glittery panels were definitely deserving of a card, but your darling little sailboat captured my heart today!
=]

Angelnorth said...

Lovely cards Hilary, the CAS boat one is super-stylish and in just my sort of colour. The inlay one, I think I like the green one best even though, as you say, the red/yellow is a clearer contrast — both versions look great.

Liz said...

Three wonderful cards, Hilary. My favourite is the first one, so clean and fresh looking.

Keep bending and stretching your finger joints if you can. I found it took longer to get my fingers working normally than my wrist joint, once my plaster came off.
Liz xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, I do love your sailboat card! It's so cute with a layered CAS look. Very fresh. I don't know if I can pick a favorite from the other two. I love a leafy card of any kind. Maybe partial to the first. Yes, you might as well just settle in with your wrist. I'm sorry about the aching.

Nancy said...

That sailboat card could not be more creative. Looks like you certainly had a creative day or week in your craft room. I enjoyed looking at all your cards. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Christine said...

I love that slatted die, it makes for a very dramatic background for your sail boat and the others are such cool cards xx

Ashwini said...

I love the summery feel of the sailboat card. The stripes are so 'naval'. Delightful combination. And I love the glittery look of the second set of cards (I like the green one better myself!)

EmmaT said...

Wonderful cards, the stripes on the sailboat make my eyes go funny! lol The die cut panels look great made up into cards. I hope the wrist heals well, and hopefully out of plaster and with some physio good as new before Christmas kicks in xx

Cat Craig said...

That sailboat screams summer to me. Love it. I too like the red/yellow.