Sunday 24 June 2018

Blooming Lotus Die

Hello,
Today I am sharing a card I made with the memory box blooming lotus die. I love this die, I have used it several times already and I have only owned it a short while. I used the stained glass window technique recently demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire. I thought it was so neat I had to give it a go.

Here is my card:
 I coloured the petals with alcohol markers and then used nuvo crystal glaze to fill the space. You can just see the shine in the next picture.
 I didn't want to detract too much from the flower so after a lot of fiddling about I plumped for a simple hello white heat embossed on vellum. I layered the frame so that the flower wasn't standing proud of the frame as this technique uses several layers.

I am quite pleased with the end result. I might make it again using different colours - you never know.

I am entering this card in:
1. Just add ink #414
2. Crafting by design, flowers flowers flowers





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a message to let me know what you think.
Thank you
Hilary xx

3 comments:

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a beautiful use of stained glass window technique Hilary! Loving the different shades of purple used in the flower and the white frame around the edge of the card is a gorgeous finishing touch! Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Chantell Randall said...

Fabulous technique - it really looks like a stained glass window. Very pretty. Chantell Just Add Ink

Nikki Spencer said...

This technique is gorgeous Hilary, such a beautiful and effective project. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.