Friday 1 March 2019

One Corner

Hello,
I am feeling very honoured and happy today as I have received a mention for outstanding design on February CAS Stencil Challenge, I can't quite believe it so thanks to everyone that visits me and leaves such encouraging comments. It must be proof that my card making skills are improving.

Today I have a card that I made a couple of weeks ago but have only just found the time to do the post. I made it specifically for AAA Cards CAS game 134. When I saw the prompt, one corner, I immediately thought of this Tutti Designs die that I really like but haven't used much.

Here is my card:

I cut the die from 2 different pieces of cardstock and inlaid the pieces. The inlaid pieces actually have a really nice sheen to them which the photo doesn't really capture. Looking at the picture now I wonder if I should have been more selective with the inlaid pieces, just putting them in the flower shapes. Perhaps I will try that next time. The thanks die is from Lawn Fawn. Here is a close up:


I made this card in 2 colour ways, here is my second one:


Unfortunately I lost one of the pieces so had to cover the gap with an enamel dot. I can guarantee that I will do that with at least one piece however careful I try to be!

Anyway, I am entering the purple and pink card in this challenge.



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

4 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, what a lovely and perfect entry for the corner challenge. Love that inlaid die cut. Congrats on your HMs well earned.

Mac Mable said...

Such a gorgeous die and perfect for the in lay technique. Love the shimmer from the first card and what a pretty colour combination.....Love the dot on the second...LOL x. Both cards are fabulous Hilary. Many congratulations with the shout out over at The CAS Stencil challenge with your glorious card x.

Tracie Pond said...

Fun colors. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

Jane said...

Perfect die for our one corner challenge! I so admire your patience, a real labour of love placing all those little pieces. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.