Wednesday 8 January 2020

Flower Border

Hello,
Today I really should be writing thank you cards but I always put that job off and prefer to spend my time making them not writing them!

Anyway here is the card I am sharing today:

I have used partial die-cutting to create this border from a die called Flower Burst by Spellbinders. I wanted the border to fill the card front so I needed to cut it twice. As ever this was a bit of a fiddle to achieve, not because it is hard to do a partial cut but because this die just does not like releasing the paper once it is cut. Eventually I sorted it by using greaseproof paper.


I added the little dragonflies but thought it still needed something else so I came up with the ladybird from a stamp set by My Favourite Things and stamped the sentiment on the base of the flower panel to finish it off.


I am sharing this at:
CAS Mix Up - I have used partial die-cutting + Stamping + colouring (a tiny bit)
Happy Little Stampers - January CAS Challenge Wings

    

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. Hilary xx

17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love that pop of red with the lady bug. So cute.

Nonni said...

That's a beautiful die and you've used it in a very stylish way in this card -I love all the white (well blue!) space and CAS design! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful sweet partial die cut border, Hilary. I love how you added the glittery dragonflies and the cut ladybug. Hugs..Nancy

papierelle said...

The card makes you want to spring. Beautiful!! Gundi

KandA said...

Wonderful CAS card and such lovely dies xx

Bonnie said...

What a pretty border, Hilary! I love the pop of color from the ladybug and how the sentiment fits so perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

The addition of the dragonfly and cute lady bird looks so pretty. The partial die cut looks wonderful and what a beautiful card Hilary x.

Jo said...

Wow, I do love the design and colours of this special partially die cut card. Ladybugs make all the difference. Bravo on finding the solution, I get that a lot with Spellbinder dies. Wax paper doesn't always do the job. Beautiful Hilary!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so pretty, Hilary! The ladybird brightens up the whole card and I love the pop of red. You connected two die-cut pieces so well that I thought it was a long border die. I'm so happy to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery. Thank you!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Your die-cut border is gorgeous Hilary! Especially love it over the soft blue base. That ladybug is so adorable and adds a little punch of colour. xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one fabulous card! Love your beautiful border and that addition of your sweet ladybug, just as cute as can be. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Jane said...

Such a pretty die cut border and I love your sparkly dragonflies. Thanks for playing at HLS CAS, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Nonnajoy said...

This is darling! Never heard of greaseproof paper - is that parchment paper, by chance?

I love the little dragonflies - where did you get those, please?

Thank you

Anita in France said...

That little ladybird is so pretty, Hilary ... just the perfect pop of colour amid this dainty floral border! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

HilaryJane said...

I think you might know greaseproof paper as 'waxed paper' but am not sure. The little dragon fly die is from a set called silhouette Flowers by Paper Smooches. Thanks for taking the time to comment I hope this answers your questions xx

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, this is one stunning card!! Reminds me of certain types of ceramic plates I've seen, just gorgeous. Its a wonderful CAS design and that floral die has so much detail. So very glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

Susan Joyce said...

Hilary your card is perfect for the challenge this month, I love the addition of the sweet Lady Bird and Dragonflies.