Saturday 1 February 2020

Silhouette

Hello,
Today I have a card to share that I made on the spur of the moment after watching a video clip that came up on Facebook using a mask to create a triangular shape. I really liked the effect, so I gave it a go:



The stamp is by Impression Obsession, I stamped it in Gina K amalgam ink and then masked the paper with post it tape and blended distress ink with blender brushes. When I was happy I removed the tape and stamped over it again using my Misti. I heat embossed the sentiment in white, trimmed the panel and mounted it on some black paper.


I am sharing it at Addicted to Stamps & More #374 CAS



I think I might make a set of note cards in this style to give to my sister for her birthday.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow ....what a stunning effect and so very striking Hilary. Fabulous blending of the colours, love the black silhouette stamping and a great idea to make a set of notecards for your sister's birthday x.

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty with the blended triangle and that great silhouette stamp :)

nancy littrell said...

Love your masked triangle beautifully colored and stamped with a silhouette image. TFS Hilary. Hugs..Nancy

Cat Craig said...

that is such a cool effect. I might have to try this. Thanks for bringing it off so wonderfully.

papierelle said...

It looks amazing!!! I like the image!!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blending, Hilary ... I can almost feel the warm, gentle sun on that wildflower meadow from here! Anita :)

Izzy Scrap said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful blended background for this lovely meadow scene. Thanks for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.