Sunday 29 November 2020

A Special Thank you

Hello, 
Today I have something that I have been meaning to share for a while and have finally found the time to do it today. I am not entering any challenges, but I want to say thank you to a very special crafter who you all know well. I am talking about Darnell of djkardkreations.

Here is the reason why - on June 3rd 2019 Darnell published a post that used the Altenew mega-succulent stamp and I left her  a comment saying how I loved that stamp and it had been on my wish list for a while. Quite an innocent comment I thought, so imagine how surprised I was when a couple of weeks later, not 1, but 3 envelopes arrived in the post each containing 2 stamped and heat embossed impressions of the stamp. She would have sent me the actual stamp if the postage hadn't been extortionate. Anyway, I vowed to use them and share the result with her.

It has only taken me 18months but I have now turned them all into cards, which I share with you today. I am sure you know what it is like, they sat on  my desk for a while, then they got put away and then they would come out again and finally, they got converted into cards.

Here goes:


This one was water coloured with my zig clean colour real brush pens and then sent back to Darnell for her birthday in July last year.


This one was a spur of the moment idea after I saw someone (can't remember who) use this dotting technique. I used alcohol markers.




My final 4 blanks were made into a set of note cards that will be a Christmas present this year.
I used brusho paints to colour them. Here they are before mounting.


And here they are after mounting:






Thanks Darnell, you're a star. I am so grateful that I have found this wonderful community as it has helped keep me sane this year. Thank you all for your part in that.

And finally here are a couple of picture of one of my succulent arrangements taken in the summer when they were in full flower.




 Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

xx

14 comments:

brenda said...

It certainly is a very different stamp Hilary and what a variation of cards you have made with it, I was going to say I can't choose a favourite, but scrolling through them again the colours on the first do edge it for me.

Bx

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, these are all so different and lovely. The dotted card is so unique and the colors are so pretty together. I hate to use what my stamp friends send me because they are so special to me. I agree that Darnell is a star. She does so much for this stamping community.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful selection of cards with the succulent stamp. Darnell is such a wonderful crafty blog friend- so kind and so creative :)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous stamp and love the different colouring techniques you used on them all -don't you love it when you get happy mail and so nice to share
Carol x

Darnell said...

Thank you for the lovely and kind shoutout, Hilary. It was my pleasure to send you the panels and oh, my, did you ever make them shine!! I love the one you made for me, but the others are equally gorgeous! That dot technique is new to me and very effective and I really love the colors you achieved with your Brushos! Succulents are just like that when it comes to hues and shadings. Your terrarium is so beautiful and just look at all those sweet little blooms you got!!

I agree with you about your wonderful caring community in blogland. Sadly, we are part of a dying art and it's a shame because the friendships that we have made are real and enduring and see us through many a difficult time. Not to mention the joy we deliver with our happy mail! Take care, keep well, and keep making your fabulous card art! Love and hugs, Darnell

GerJanne said...

Oh wow Hilary, all the cards with the mega stamp are so beautiful! My favorite is the one woyh the dot. Marvelous technique!
The real ones are beauties too!

aussie aNNie said...

Great post and colours, Love the unusual stamp Hilary, and your gorgeous photos. xx

Ashwini Rao said...

It took you only 18 months!?! Wow, that's short!! :D But since the results are this amazing, it was definitely worth all that time! Each of them is lovely and so unique!! I couldn't choose a favorite in them all!!
And your little blossoms and succulents are a joy to behold! Great job raising them!!

papierelle said...

It is clear that your card looks so beautiful and so perfect, you have great role models at home! Really stunning!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, Hilary! I'll bet you won't be one tiny bit surprised how much I love the one in brown? So unexpected, and gorgeous - every card!
=]

Bonnie said...

Darnell is very generous and you made good use of these pieces, Hilary! Each is colored differently and each is beautiful on it's own!

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, the succulents are fabulously gorgeous. Well done. Darnell is a gem. I agree that without you crafty friends this year would have been so much more difficult.

Mac Mable said...

How thoughtful of Darnell and what an amazing job you've done with them Hilary x. You look like you enjoyed yourself and I am extra loving the vibrancy of the first one x.

Loll said...

So cool! Stamping friends are the best, aren't they??!! I LOVE every one of your mega-succulent cards. What an amazing image and you have made them so different from each other. I LOVE the brightly coloured one you sent to Darnell for her birthday. And how amazing is the pointillism card you made. The colours are soft and pretty. The the powdered inks cards are such beautiful mixes of colour. Way to go Hilary! xx