Saturday 27 March 2021

Spring

Today I am sharing a set of note cards that I made following inspiration from Gundi at the beginning of March. I saw her set of gorgeous spring flowers and thought, I have those digi stamps by Uniko, I am going to use them, and here you are:


I printed the images with a faint line onto hot pressed watercolour paper and painted them with my Zig clean colour real brush pens.




After trimming the image I used a black alcohol marker to frame them and the mounted them onto adorable scorable coated card.


Not sure why I didn't watermark a separate picture of the daffodil, but I think there are enough pictures on this post.

Finally after printing the stamp onto a paper card insert I placed each card in a gello bag, tied them with ribbon and gave them to my sister in law for her birthday. She always gets a set of note cards from me as she always expresses her appreciation of my cards - I do hope she is not just being polite!

I am sharing these at:
Uniko #64 - Signs of Spring
Craftlandia #6 - Spring






PS. Those digi stamps are free too, thanks Bev.

Supplies:
Cardstock: hot pressed watercolour paper; Adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Zig clean colour watercolour pens
Stamps: Uniko free digi stamps; Concord & 9th lace Leaf stamp set

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 



24 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely amazing cards, Hilary! This is the watercolor look I most admire. Just like a painting on a wall. What a lovely gift set. It's like a watercolored box of candy with all these beautiful colors. Your sister-in-law is not just being polite!

Cat Craig said...

They are GORGEOUS cards Hilary. I am sure her appreciation is genuine. I am so loving these beauties. That is a great gift!

Mac Mable said...

I am sure she isn't just being polite and I bet she loved them. Absolutely beautiful set Hilary and so eye catching ... I love them x.

Σοφία Τσιμάρη said...

It's adorable 😍

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful set of cards love all the flower images and a great gift
Carol x

Viv said...

Fab set Hilary! x

aussie aNNie said...

Vibrancy and beautiful post. xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous spring cards Hilary! Love your no-line watercolouring ... amazing work, my friend! What a lovely gift for your SIL. I'm sure she will make good use of these beautiful cards. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Hillary, love your no line watercolouring ♥

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, wow!! Loving all the flowers here, and you've done a spectacular job coloring them as well! Love how you've paired the flowers with the same colored cardstock as well. I'm sure your SIL will love them!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful set of cards Hilary I love your background colouring really makes the flowers pop!

brenda said...

Your post could easily be called 'Essence of Spring' Hilary as the pretty collection really do sum up the beauty of the season. And then finished off and presented with the ribbon makes them such a lovely gift for your SIL, sure she she was delighted with them.

B x

Bonnie said...

These note cards are gorgeous, Hilary, and I feel sure that your SIL loves them! You have done an awesome job of coloring these little beauties!

Julie B said...

What a great idea to make a set from the free digis. I bet your SiL loved them.
Thanks for joining us at Uniko. :

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, these are so beautiful! Of course she loves them! What a wonderful gift!
Gorgeous coloring btw - I seldom get those Zigs to perform for me. Another case of right medium, wrong paper, probably! They are in the perfect hands here, I see!
=]

Mia said...

What a lovely set of cards, Hilary! The flower stamps you used are gorgeous! I think I need to check my Uniko stamps too. I love how you used your Zigs to watercolour your cards. Thank you so much for joining Craftlandia Challenge, my friend. Big hugs and good luck in the draw.

Ros Crawford said...

I'm sure she loved them, they are beautiful!!

papierelle said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Of course I'm really happy that I inspired you and that such ingeniously beautiful cards were created. I can't get enough of them.

Jane said...

Wonderful idea to make a set of note cards! Love your use of Uniko florals, all coloured so beautifully. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Anuskalandia said...

Hi, Hilary!

I have fallen in love with your cards. Your flowers are wonderful. The whole is spectacular.
How lucky is your sister-in-law to receive such beautiful cards.
Thank you very much for participating in the Craftlandia Challenge 6!
Kisses and happy day!

Greta said...

What a wonderful gift! Love the images & your coloring, Hilary--beautiful cards!

Carla Cremonesi said...

Amazing cards, especially the first, my favourite colour! Bejos do Brasil.

Jeanne H said...

A really lovely bunch of cards!!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Wow - you was very busy and made a bunch of beauties - every one is special! Love all the Uniko flowers and colours you've choosen!
Thank you for sharing this nice set of spring themed cards with us in the Uniko Spring Challenge #64.
Creative greetings from Wiebke (Uniko Brand Ambassador)