Monday 18 April 2022

We Love Stamping April Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder about the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

Easter Monday too, I do hope that the holiday has been a good one for everyone. I saw all my family during last week so have been able to spend the weekend in my craft room. I haven't been feeling very creative recently, so I am trying to get back to it.

This month our theme is:

** Favourite Stamps **


This rather pretty heart is made with a triple step stamp, which easily allows the three different colours to be used and it leaves the perfect space in the middle for the sentiment. Two of the steps and the sentiment have been clear heat embossed. These triple step stamps are much easier to use than the turnabouts as you can see to line them up.


This stamp set also has matching dies which I used to cut the heart and to decorate the insert that you can see in the first picture.


The background is made with two different cover dies. Sadly my own mother is long dead (33yrs), so I made this one for my ex husbands mother who I am very close to. We celebrated Mothers' Day at the end of March here in the UK. I am happy to say that she loved this card, even though it is quite pink, which is not really her colour.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize is a Santoro album and images with coordinating die set from Craft Stash. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 27th April

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
The Flower Challenge - Add a heart


Supplies:
Cardstock: Hunky Dory Adorable Scorable; Nina solar white 110lb
Ink: Catherine Pooler, it's a girl, pixie dust and mint to be; Versamark and Versafine onyx black
Stamps: Concord & 9th triple step blooming heart stamp set
Dies: Concord & 9th triple step blooming heart dies

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

Mervi said...

So sweet card, love the background dies. Our Mother's Day is in May, so I'm still making some. Sunny greetings;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary I want to thank you so much for your awesome kindness with your lovely comments on my blog it makes such a difference to me, I am really trying hard to keep going it is difficult and there are times I just want to give up, I absolutely love this beautiful colourful creation, such a wonderful intricate looking design the stamps you have used look amazing
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful Mothers Day card,love all the little stamps in the heart and the beautiful die-cut background
carol x

brenda said...

How lovely you still keep in touch with your ex-MIL Hilary, so often things turn out very differently. I'm not surprised she liked the card as it's lovely in all the hades of pink.

B x

Zoechaos said...

It is a lovely card and I'm fascinated by the stamp set you used the result certainly appeals. Hope you get your creative back up to full force soon xx

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely spring card perfect for Mother's day. Love that bloom filled heart atop your plaid pieces.

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.. Anesha x

GerJanne said...

Oh yes, I saw this stamp before on your blog and I think it's a wonderful stamp, and and highly appropriate for Mothersday! So special, your bond with your ex mother-in-law. I can imagine she is very happy with your attention!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! I looked up the stamp and it doesn't look so easy to me, but you're so very good with this type of stamp set. I'm always impressed. Pretty colors and background dies, too. You may not have been feeling very creative lately, but your card looks the opposite.

Bonnie said...

Love that background done with two different dies! A perfect resting place for this pretty heart!

Linby said...

It's so pretty and your die cut background is amazing.

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, you've stamped those blooms perfectly, and they are perfectly at home on this darling heart for your MIL! Oh, you know I love those plaid plates, too!
So wonderful seeing you in our gallery at The Flower Challenge!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Hilary, it looks like a beautiful piece of needlework.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous stamping and the prettiest of colours Hilary and no wonder your ex-husbands Mum loved it....I do x. Love the plaid background too x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous heart, Hilary - just love your ink color combo! Perfect atop the plaid!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very sweet card Hilary and I'm sure that the recipient has really loved it, as there is a sweet feel of love in it! Fabulous stamp used, I have never seen a triple step stamp. The colours work so well together and the stitched heart shape makes the topper just pop. Beautiful diecut background too!
Hugs

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Hilary... Sorry I haven't been able to visit for ages... I love this card and the one in your previous post is to die for! Wow! Thank you for all you kind wishes and thoughts... sending hugs your way

Greta said...

Must have been wonderful to see all your family, Hilary! Such a sweet card with that beautiful heart of flowers!

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card and I love the background. The floral heart is so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at the Flower Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Your post is very beautiful. ♥

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a wonderfully pretty card. It is sweet, cheerful, and memorably special - plus, I find it has an awesome embroidery meets quilting quality to its design.

Stellar use of some of your favourite stamps. You knocked this one completely out of the ballpark, my friend!

Autumn Zenith đŸ§¡ Witchcrafted Life