Sunday 4 August 2024

We Love Stamping August Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping
Each month a member of the design team will be selecting a theme to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Karen has chosen our theme this month:

** Focal Sentiment or quote  **
Anything Goes

I started with one of my Concord & 9th turnabout stamps called lovely blossoms and my life of the party Catherine Pooler inks and stamped the image using my Stampwheel. The panel is 5 3/4 inches square. That's pretty big for me. I didn't want to make it even bigger by adding mats so I roughly inked the edges with versamark and heat embossed them with gold powder.

The sentiment is from a set by Brenda and I stamped and heat embossed it on pearlescent vellum. In order to highlight the sentiment I cut a rectangle frame and heat embossed that too. The vellum was attached with some very old glue dot sheets from Woodware that are designed to attaching vellum. They work really well. I am not sure that you can still get them. I used vellum because I didn't want to cover up too much of the stamping.


This sentiment is very pertinent for me as I am very good at worrying about things that have been and gone. I have no idea why as there is no changing them. I am sure that I am not alone in that though.


The vellum was cut with a scalloped rectangle die.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes of stamp sets, ephemera and stencils from AALL & Create. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 28th August.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I shall be driving to Birmingham today to visit the Festival of Quilts at the NEC and to collect my grandchildren. They are coming to stay for a few days. I have booked a caravan by the sea so I hope we keep the fine weather so we can all enjoy the seaside. This means that my blog visits may be delayed, but I shall get round eventually. I look forward to this week every year, but I must say it is exhausting. I expect I will be lying low for the next week so I can recover my energy levels. This getting older lark is the pits!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

You know, you make the best cards with your turn about stamps. I love the colors on this one, and how well it fills up the entire background. You've done a smart thing using the vellum for the sentiment. That and the frame match up together really well. And the sentiment - I confess, matches me sometimes too. :) But I'm getting better in letting go! ;)

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Hilary, a really lovely background for the beautiful sentiment.
Liz xx

Pauline C said...

Super card Hilary, I’m very impressed with the multi colour stamping, no idea how you achieved that I must look into this stamp wheel!
Hope you have a lovely holiday with the grandchildren xx

brenda said...

So bright and happy, always a bit surreal when I see one of my sentiment stamps on a blog. Good luck with your Grandchildren, Margo wears us out even for a few hours, so several days will take some recovery.

B x

Linby said...

I love how you framed the sentiment, perfect to display the lovely stamping behind.

Bonnie said...

A wonderful sentiment, Hilary, and a pretty place to place it!

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, Hilary! Such a gorgeous printing session with your turn-a-bouts! Love the variety of primary colors, too!
Don't even get me started on how I relate to your sentiment - it would be too serious a conversation for your delightful post!
=]

Loll said...

LOVE your bright and cheerful background ... you have made amazing cards with your turn-about stamps, Hilary! Such a wonderful sentiment that we would all benefit from keeping in mind. I love that you have it on vellum so it stands out without covering up the lovely background. And the gold embossing and frame add some lovely shine. Beautiful! xx

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Hilary! Great colors and sentiment, my friend.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the gold embossed sentiment on vellum, Hilary!! So pretty atop the turnabout background!!

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty, lovely background and a gorgeous design x

EmmaT said...

Beautiful summery card

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Hilary - and I also agree with the sentiment!!love the way you have framed the sentiment panel, and it draws the eye in immediately - a gorgeous stamped background :)
Your week with the grandies sounds 'busy'. I often say old age isn't for wimps! We have to see old age as a privilege and not resent it, as so many never make it
Blessings
Maxine

KraftyKoolKat said...

Your colourful stamping is gorgeous, I love the sentiment stamped on vellum, yes it would have been a shame to cover the gorgeous stamping. I hope you have had a lovely time with the grandchildren and the weather was kind to you.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

hi Hilary I am loving this beautiful floral creation it looks wonderful I also love that sentiment
hugs
lolo x

Cat Craig said...

You are a master with the stamp wheel! So pretty and colorful.

Greta said...

Hope you had fun with the grandkids! Love this Turnabout and how you used it!

Christine Alexander said...

you created such a beautiful card with your turnabout stamp ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning card Hilary, I love the touch of gold on the vellum and all the stamping you have done, with beautiful flowers. I agree about the getting old bit, things have made me realise the years are getting shorter? Talking to my SiL, she says we need one of those flip books where you can change head, body and legs, but in real life so we don't ache so much hahaha. Enjoy your time with the grandchildren. x