Monday 17 September 2018

Leaves

Hello,
Today I am entering the Twofer #9, prompt leaves. I have had a leaf die for a while that I bought at The Works and haven't used yet. I thought this was an opportunity to see what I could do with it. Both my cards are quite conventional but I really like the inlaid look you can achieve with dies so I have used it on both cards. I am happy with the end result even though I have used the same technique I think they are quite different.
I hope you like them:


For my first card the die cut is inlaid on a piece of craft card, the sentiment is heat embossed and the panel is raised on a piece of craft foam.


My second card took a bit longer, I made a watercolour panel and spritzed it with cosmic shimmer. I then cut the die from it and a piece of copper coloured mirror board and inlaid the pieces. I die cut the sentiment twice, once from the copper card and once from the watercolour background and then offset them to create the shadow effect. I toyed with the idea of putting on some sequins or similar embelishments, but resisted the urge.





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Happy Crafting
Hilary
xx

4 comments:

Darnell said...

These are terrific, Hilary! You're quite welcome to use the same technique on both cards; what we are looking for is two different designs (layouts), which you have done beautifully! Your first card is a fabulous CAS design and the inlaying of the die provides a bit of lovely dimension! Your second card is a gorgeous autumn design with that warm leaf-colored background and copper tones! Love the extra dimension from the offset sediment, too! Thank you so much for playing in Two Card Challenge #9! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Those are gorgeous leaves Hilary. The inlay sets off their delicacy to perfection. A lovely twofer.

Anita in France said...

Those lovely leafy die cuts do indeed lend themselves so well to being inset, Hilary ... both cards are gorgeous! There's a cosy warmth to the first with the kraft background ... and the gold against the shiny watercolour is fantastic ... with all that yummy shine, no sequins needed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

I really love your inlaid leaves and how you managed to make them look so different! The first one is a subtle, natural blend and the second is all glitz and glamor! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!