Thursday 20 September 2018

September Card Chain Challenge

Hello,
Today I am sharing the card I made for the September Card Chain Challenge, from the four options I chose the sketch:


Here is my card:

 I used a stencil and clear glossy texture paste to get the stripe effect on the white panel (you can't see it particularly well in the photo) and mixed alcohol ink onto Yupo paper to create the effect in the circle. I added some foil while some of the ink was still sticky, I love this effect and it is so easy to do.


To finish it off I die cut a circle frame and stamped the sentiment. It went in the post to the USA and is now in the hands of the recipient.

Badge Grab
I enjoy doing this challenge as it is great to actually receive a special hand made card and it could come from anywhere in the world. The feedback is even more special when someone has the card in their hands. I think I will take part again.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today.

Hilary xx

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Hilary! So glad you are enjoying the CCC fun, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, I love the gold veins running through your AI panel. Sign up behind me any time. Lol.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card Hilary. So happy to have you as a link in the Card Chain Challenge. Hugz

Angelnorth said...

Love the richly coloured AI piece and the foil gives it a special touch - beautiful! It is lovely to get a card as part of the chain, isn’t it? This was only my second month playing but I’m sure I’ll be back, too!