Tuesday 9 April 2019

One Layer

Hello,
Today I am sharing a very simple one layer card:

I masked off the coloured strip with post it tape and inked it with cracked pistachio Distress Oxide, the stems and sentiment were heat embossed in white. To finish I added 3 little sequins and rounded the corners.

After it was finished I wished I had set the sentiment so it sat at the base of the stems so I made a couple more along the same lines.


I am entering this one in:

Addicted to CAS #156 Ombre

Happy Little Stampers April One Layer



Here are the other cards that I made in the same vane, do let me know what you think.



The only reason these aren't one layer cards is because I smudged ink on the front, typical, but at least I was able to rescue them.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

8 comments:

Cat Craig said...

All three cards are fab! I do love that design, with the strip down one side. I also like the addition of a bit of color contrast. All in all---all three are hits in my book.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful ombre effect on all of your cards, Hilary! I think your stems worked perfectly with the soft greens on your first card, although all 3 are very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

papierelle said...

Three beautiful and special CAS cards.

Kara Lynne said...

Each one is so elegant! I love the design of the strip of color and the simple stemmed images! Such a perfect sentiment for your design too!

Mac Mable said...

Such elegant cards, loving the colours you've used and the tonal effect. Beautiful CAS cards x

KandA said...

These are all beautiful CAS cards Hilary and I love the colours and designs xx

Jane said...

All so beautiful, love this layout! Thanks for playing at HLS CAS, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

Kim S said...

So simple - and so pretty!! I love the Cracked Pistachio blending - such a soft, spring card.