Sunday 19 May 2019

Because

Hello,
Today I have a card that I made for someone who has a tendency to think she is not worth it or not good enough, when in actual fact she is brilliant at what she does, do you know anyone like that? I was influenced so much by this that I thought I would make her a card to show her what I thought. Here is my card:


To make this card I masked off the central area and blended distress ink. The flower and 'because' were stamped in versamark and heat embossed with Wow Primary Apple Red embossing powder. The rest of the sentiment was heat embossed with chocolate caramel embossing powder. To finish it I used a scalloped frame from Create a Smile and mounted it on a coloured card base. Here is a close up:


I am pleased to report that the recipient was thrilled with it, so I was pleased that I had made the effort.


I am sharing this card at:

Uniko #53 Anything goes

Addicted to Stamps #341







Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

5 comments:

KandA said...

Beautiful card Hilary, the colours are gorgeous and I love the embossed stamping xx

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, and I always enjoy a colored card base!

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful card to make Hilary and I bet the recipient was delighted with it x Love the colour combination and the heat embossing looks stunning x.

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful card. I love how you inked up the central portion and used it as a background for your heat embossing. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Rahmat said...

I love the fabulous colors you chose here, thanks for joining us at Uniko