Sunday 19 May 2019

Spring Flowers

Hello,
Today I am sharing a card that I have been wanting to make ever since I bought the Spring Shower cover die from Altenew last year. I don't know why but somehow cover dies just stump me. I love the look of them but then struggle to know what to do with it. Anyway the time came to have a go and after looking around (Pinterest mainly) for inspiration I made this:


I started by embossing the die on a panel and then I coloured it with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. Then I stacked 3 die cuts on top. It was rather fiddly because of the extra bits in the centre of the flowers. I started by trying to stack them too but gave up with the tiny bits and just stuck one in the middle of the flowers. Here is a close up so you can see what I mean:


The sentiment is from Uniko and was stamped and heat embossed on a vellum strip which is secured behind the panel. I wanted it to create a contrast against the white and pastel shades. Apologies that my close up is a bit out of focus in places.

Although it was a fiddle to make I am quite pleased with the finished card. Here is a picture from another angle that shows the dimension:


I am sharing this at the following challenges:

Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies

Divas that cut paper - Flowers all year round

Shopping your stash - Flowers




Grab Our Badge!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

5 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Very, very pretty! You did a great job of figuring out how to use this cover die! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Arlene said...

I think fiddling around with stacking those dies paid off ten fold. It creates a beautiful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

papierelle said...

Amazing!!!! The pastel colors are perfect !!

Mac Mable said...

Wow ....absolutely stunning and so very beautiful and so worth all the fiddling x Such pretty colours and love the 3D effect of the layering....loving this one x

Mac Mable said...

See I knew it was a winner....you keep going my friend. Congratulations with the win at HLS x