Monday 26 August 2019

One Layer

Hello,
This week I have been determined to make a decent CAS one layer card and it took me more than 1 go as the first card I made ended up not really being CAS, so I started again and came up with this:


I have used the Altenew cube builder stencil and distress inks and added a bit of interest by putting a strip of gold heat embossing along the edge. Finishing it off with a gold heat embossed sentiment. I think this stencil might get a lot of use, I love it. You just have to remember to thoroughly clean the ink off between colours because you have to turn the stencil over to build the cubes.

This photo shows off the gold embossing:


I am sharing it at:
1. Addicted to CAS #166 One layer card
2. Less is More #402 One layer card + Stencils



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks amazing, Hilary! Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Great stamping /stencilling Hilary. You rocked the one layer.

clelie said...

I just bought this stencil...and I LOVE YOUR CAS design! TFS!

papierelle said...

You have played with my favourite stencil ... ;-) Last week I also played with this stencil and I will show the cards in the next time. Your card ist perfect CAS!!
Gundi xx

HilaryJane said...

Thank you, you won't regret your purchase xx

HilaryJane said...

Thanks Gundi, I shall look forward to seeing how you used the stencil xx

KandA said...

Super card. Love the way you finished off the fabulous stencilling by embossing the gold line xx

Mac Mable said...

Love the 3D effect and your colour choice looks fabulous. The pop of gold is really pretty and what a contemporary and striking card and all on one layer x.

Kathyk said...

Cracking entry for the "use a stencil" brief - top job

Kathyk

Toni said...

CAS perfection! thanks for joining us at ATCAS this fortnight!

Neets B said...

Thanks for persevering with your CAS entry, it was certainly worth it. Love the green embossed strip, and it's a great gender neutral card too. Sorry for the late visit and thanks so much for sharing at Less is More, Anita x