Monday 2 September 2019

August CCC Reveal

Hello,
Today is the day for the August Card Chain Challenge reveal.

My card went to Arlene in California.

One of the options this month was foil so I made this card:


I think I have probably cheated a bit as I used foiled card but I decided it didn't matter. The cover die is from Altenew and I made this card first and then used the frames left over from the inlaying to make these.

I do enjoy using this technique, it can be a real fiddle but the pieces from this die are a good size and it is very satisfying when it is done. The hardest thing about this was the heat embossing on the foil, I did it 3 times and none of them were perfect. My close up picture doesn't show the heat embossing, I wonder why!



This month I received this lovely card from Lucille:


Don't those pies make your mouth water?

Badge Grab
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

6 comments:

papierelle said...

That looks really noble !!! Great work!!
Gundi

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a stunner. The die cut is beautiful, love the gold and what a fabulous card Hilary x.

Cat Craig said...

That is a gorgeous card, well worth the effort. Lucky Arlene.

brenda said...

How very effective Hilary, well worth the extra time it must have taken.

B x

Angelnorth said...

This is a real eye catcher Hilary, beautifully done! The one from the "leftover" frame looks beautiful too!

Darnell said...

This is stunning, Hilary! I love the shiny green and copper! I actually enjoy doing these inlaid types of cards. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle, which I love, but don't do very often since I've discovered this hobby, lol! Hugs, Darnell