Monday 7 October 2019

Autumn Leaf

Hello,
Today I have a card for autumn. I have been wanting to use the leaf die that came with issue 127 of Papercraft Essentials ever since I got it in August, so when I saw the challenges with an autumn theme I had to get it out.

I really like doing inlaid diecuts, it can be very fiddly but oh so satisfying. Here is my card:



The leaf is cut from a deep red mirror card and I used 3 different watercolour backgrounds found in my backgrounds folder for the inlay. I cut a panel from mushroom coloured coated card and used the die again to cut out the corner. The inlaid die was then fixed into the panel and mounted on a brown card base with foam tape, but first I stamped and heat embossed the words with off white embossing powder. The words are from Concord & 9th Lace Leaf stamp set.

Here is a close up:



The leaf has a nice shine to it so it looks more vibrant in real life. Just for once I am quite pleased with this one.

I am sharing it at:
CAS Watercolour 3rd birthday celebration. Code word Maple leaf
Make My Monday Autumn
Stamplorations CAS Challenge Anything goes





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, That leaf die is fabulous. I like the coloring of the insets. Lovely card, and just perfect for autumn.

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, that's simply beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Loll said...

LOVE this card Hilary! The red outline really pops and love the colours you've used to inlay ...that turquoise is an unexpected and lovely bright pop of colour. Love the dark brown base with the fabulous sentiment on the right border. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

papierelle said...

It looks like amazing!!! It's a fine work to design the leaf very colorful.

Mac Mable said...

You should be pleased with it Hilary...it is stunning and so very unique and creative and so worth the effort with those fiddly parts x.

Bonnie said...

This beautiful leaf looks like stained glass, Hilary! I love the inlaid design and the layout of the background with the embossed Autumn words! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Sue - said...

I wonder how I missed that die! Your card is delightful. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

Pink Unicorn said...

Love the colours on your leaf. I agree, inlaid die cuts are so fun to make although a bit fussy. I think of it as my way of meditating when I sit there and pick up tiny die cut pieces :) Your card is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen