Tuesday 15 October 2019

Christmas is coming

Hello,
Today I have my first Christmas card of the season to share. When I saw the CAS mix up challenge for October I realised that I could use up some scraps of foiled alcohol ink background that I had left from another project.


The tree, part of the set that came with Simply Cards and Papercraft mag, was stamped and heat embossed with gold pearl onto a linen effect card base. The sentiment was cut from red foiled card with a Lawn Fawn die. You can see the shine in the next photo.


You can see the foiling on the alcohol ink strips on the close up below. A simple card but quite effective I think. I have used foiling, stamping and die cutting.


I am also sharing this at AAA Cards 151 One corner and snippets Playground #363


   Snippets Playground Badge


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

9 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your card Hilary! What a great way to use a small piece of AI with foil to make a BIG statement on a card. The strips look amazing with the red foil die-cut sentiment in the middle. And perfect with the gold embossed tree. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome card, Hilary! That foiled alcohol inked piece is gorgeous and a perfect match for this gorgeous tree and the shiny sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing your first Christmas card with us at CAS Mix Up!

papierelle said...

It looks so noble and your remainder utilization is perfect.
Gundi

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, what a lovely card. The gold embossing and the gold foiling work so nicely together for a festive punch.

Jane said...

Love that gorgeous background strip and all the shimmer and shine on your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Di said...

Ooooh, I think my comment disappeared! LOVE this card amd the AI background strip with the foiling is just so perfect and pulls the whole card together perfectly Hilary!

Hugs

Di xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

You found a gorgeous foiled AI piece, Hilary! It matches the beautiful gold pearl heat-embossed tree and the die-cut foiled sentiment! Wonderful start of your Christmas card making for the season, isn't it? Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

LucieGCards said...

What a stunning card! Beautiful colours and design - I particularly love those alcohol ink strips! Thank you for playing along in the AAA Cards one corner challenge!

Linda said...

Beautiful card ..... I love it when all those leftover bits get used. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge xx