Wednesday 15 July 2020

Reminder July CAS Mix Up

Hello, 
It is the 15th July so time to remind you that there is still time to join us at CAS Mix Up for this month challenge which is hosted by Nancy.  This month we are looking for cards with stencil tracing, this is not something I have done much on my cards but I think I might be a convert to the technique as it really does make the stencil pop.

 


My card changed during the course of making it. I started it by masking the front panel and then stencilling through a striped stencil with distress ink. I then outlined the inked lines with a waterproof fineliner pen. At this point I realised that my masking was very slightly skew-whiff, once I had noticed it I just couldn't live with it, so I used a scalloped die to cut it out. This was then mounted on some orange fun foam and added to a coloured card base. I finished it off with a sentiment from Uniko (my go to sentiment set) and die-cut leaves. 


You have until the 24th to get your entry in, I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
xx

20 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful save. I love the analogous colours along with the black to make them stand out. A true beauty!

GerJanne said...

This is a lovely way to use a stencil! I think it's a wonderful card!

nancy littrell said...

Some card designs do seem to have a mind of their own, but Love how your pretty CAS Stencil traced with the die cut leaves turned out, my friend. A very happy card design for a special friend, Hilary. TFS Stay safe and Creative, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Betty said...

i really like the outlining of the plaid - really makes it all pop so nicely - wonderful card!!

Bonnie said...

This is fabulous, Hilary! I love the plaid look with the sponging and outlining! Loving those die cut leaves, too!

Loll said...

This is so creative, Hilary! I LOVE the look of the outlined stenciling. Makes a very cool background. Great colours with your yellow card front. Adding the white and black die-cut leaves adds lots of dimension. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning project full of gorgeousness here, the colours are amazing and it all fits in nicely. xx

I Card Everyone said...

I'm happy to hear you're converted... and didn't give up on this fun panel, Hilary! Love it, and these fun summertime colors!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, that's a lot of outlining and requires a lot of patience. Great card and I like the black and white sprigs.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous sunny feel to this Hilary...so glad you soldered on.

Viv said...

A great example of stencil outlining Hilary! The plaid background is terrific! x

papierelle said...

this card is perfect again, the colors, the design, made great!!

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Hilary! What a lovely design! Really inspiring, my dear friend. Kisses!

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love how you used the stencil for the background and the die-cut foliage
Carol x

Greta said...

I never thought to trace a plaid stencil, but it adds so much! Wonderful card, Hilary!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous way to outline the stencil and what a striking effect. The scalloped die cut, although not initially intended looks great Hilary x.

Linda said...

Your stencil tracing makes a fabulous background for those pretty die cuts .... love it! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous background panel for the pretty die-cut leaves, Hilary! You shifted gears so nicely and saved a wonderful and unique background. Your color choice of the card base is perfect! Thanks for your inspiration!
Hideko xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow - very stylish! Great stencil for this technique.

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful background, looks amazing with the die cut flowers.