Wednesday 2 September 2020

August CCC Reveal

Hello, 
Today is the day for the August CCC reveal. I really love taking part in this challenge as you get to receive a wonderful handmade card which could come from anywhere in the world. This month I sent my card to the wonderful Cat. I have always loved Cat's cards so it is an honour to send her one of mine. Each month you get some options on the blog to inspire your cardmaking. This month I chose the colours, vellum and paper piecing.

This very intricate die is from Crafters Companion, I cut it 3 times in medium weight white card stock. The first layer was mounted onto some 'taupe' card stock (it is more of a sandy yellow than taupe but it was as close as I could get), then I inlaid the little pieces (frustrating and fiddly, which is why I only did 3) after colouring them with alcohol markers. The second layer was then attached and the coloured sections and the little squares were filled with glossy accents and left to dry. You can see the shine on the picture below. Once it was dry the final layer was attached.

The sentiment was originally cut from a shimmery gold card that was very similar to the base card and even with a vellum shadow, it didn't really show up so I found some teal card and added it on top. I use a waste diecut (this one can be a challenge to get a clean cut) as a stencil to decorate an insert and the envelope.

I hope take the time to visit the reveal post , as I can promise you that you will see some pretty amazing cards.

I was so thrilled to get this card from Janis in Idaho. I was so pleased because she saw that I love succulents and made me a specials succulent card. How great is that? Thank you Janis.


Badge Grab
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

That was thoughtful of Janis to make you a succulent card Hilary x.
Your card for Cat is stunning. The intricate 3D effect from the beautiful die cut looks amazing and extra special with the three inlaid and coloured detail x.

Suze said...

What a wonderful card that you sent to Cat. Your taupe was much closer in colour than the gold that I used (which was the closest that I could find). I like the die you used - looks very intricate.

Jeanne H said...

I think your card this month is spectacular. Love it.

Cat Craig said...

It is a stunner. I am so loving this card and thankyou so much Hilary for ending up being my sender.

Mia said...

I love your SUPER card to Cat, Hilary! I have never inlaid pieces from a die. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend. And the card you received from Janis is the perfect card for you! Kisses!

aussie aNNie said...

These are amazing card, both are gorgeous. x

I Card Everyone said...

I love Cat, and she really does deserve this extraordinarily beautiful card, Hilary!
Inlaying those pieces was worth every second of fiddling, my friend - such a stunning way to add those colors!
=]

brenda said...

I've been such a bad blogger this week so my apologies for for being so late popping in to look at your lovely creations.

B x

Bonnie said...

Two great cards, Hilary! I love that intricate die cut background and that you colored just three of the sections then added gloss! Coloring just the three sections makes the colors stand out so beautifully! I know you will enjoy the succulents! Right up you alley!

GerJanne said...

Oh wow Hilary, your card is a little piece of art! Wonderful, the little triangles and the inlay technic! It looks simple, but I think its a bit complicated to work so'exactly. Chapeau!
The card you received is also a very beautiful one.
And don't worry if you miss one of my cards. Not a problem at all!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous intricate die -I never think to cut mine more than once for depth-brilliant paper piecing and love the decorated envelope too-very thoughtful beautiful card from Janis
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

What a fabulous card, Hilary! That must have taken ages. Love your card from Janis too - she's a very thoughtful lady, Jo x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous die cut and card. Janis's cactus card is beautiful. Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous die and I love how you colored three and stacked the dies, Hilary! Such a cool effect and that teal sentiment adds the perfect touch!!

Greta said...

So glad you've joined the CCC, Hilary! That is a neat card from Janis--know you're enjoying it! Your card to Cat is absolutely stunning!