Tuesday 15 September 2020

Sept CAS Mix Up Reminder

Hello, 
It is reminder time over at CAS Mix Up , so this is to let you know that you still have plenty of time to join us. This month it is mixed media and the theme, set by our host Jenny , is to emboss with dies. This is such a good technique and really helps you get more from your dies.


The die I have used for this one is by Joycrafts. To get this effect I dabbed versamark embossing ink on the die before running it through my die cut machine with the embossing matt. Then the red embossing powder was scattered on the impressions. You often get powder where you don't really want it so I used a dry paint brush to carefully brush it away, I then heat set it. The little hearts are from a set by Crafters Companion. I actually stamped these with a red die ink and then heat embossed with clear EP. The panel is mounted on craft foam.
I originally stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a card strip and then cut the strip wrong, so I gave up with that and put the sentiment under the panel. At first I thought I had messed it up but actually it has grown on me. What do you think?
I do hope you will join us this month, I look forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
xx

17 comments:

Viv said...

This is so clever Hilary!
I have a drawer full of coloured EP's - and never use them - I might try and get into some of them now.
A great card. x

Cat Craig said...

Quite a lovely card Hillary and I love that you used colored ep.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and love the effect with the technique and embossing powder-I have loads which are in my neglected stash
Carol x

nancy littrell said...

Your anniversary card turned out beautifully, Hilary. I love your colored cardstock white space with your die embossed background for your pretty hearts. Wonderful stitched framing too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Jo said...

I do love the monochromatic theme to this extra special card. There is such cohesion to this beauty and such a nice finish too. A sentimental Birthday card for some special someone. Thanks so much for playing along dear Hilary, xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post Hilary and gorgeous colours and stunning designs here. xxx
[glad you recognized the cut file]

brenda said...

Interesting to read how you did this Hilary and the close up shows how effective it is.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

I love your die, and think it's really a great choice for embossing! The shiny hearts are wonderful - and I think you found the perfect space for your sentiment!
=]

GerJanne said...

Oh yes, this is amazing! Very smart.. I hope I can join you, I'm not sure, because there are duty's I'll have to do.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful die to emboss with, Hilary! I love the red embossing with it and how you've used colored cardstock for your base! Perfect for showing off the little hearts!

Loll said...

Such a pretty card Hilary! I LOVE the dry embossed background with the die. Extra special with the heat embossing on top. Great work! xx

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful anniversary card Hillary, love your heat embossed outline :)

Linda said...

This looks fab ..... love the embossed die, looks great with the coloured embossing powder xx

Mac Mable said...

A beautiful card, love the technique and especially love the heat embossing x. Yes time just flies past x.

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Hilary, I tried to emboss my die impression without success, so I know how difficult this can be, just couldn't get the sandwich right to not have all the extra spread of embossing powder. So kudos to you for getting it right and producing a beautiful card.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great effect using the red EP with embossed pattern! I love this card:)

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great to me, Hilary! Jo x