Saturday 24 October 2020

Something Different

Today I am posting a card from my folder of cards made but not posted, because I wanted to join We love Chocolate Baroque for their October challenge before it is too late. I do not have a card using Chocolate Baroque stamps but they are  not compulsory as long as stamping is the focus of the card. As the theme is 'anything goes' I thought I must have something that would do in my folder. On looking through it I realised that I actually make a lot of cards that don't really use stamping much, I was surprised!

Anyway here is the card I have chosen to share today, it is quite different for me and I wasn't sure if I liked it, but as I look at it now perhaps it isn't so bad. Let me know what you think?


The vase and flowers are by Penny Black and the flourish under the shelf is an art stamp. I think I was trying to make it look like decoration on the shelf somehow, not sure it worked. I coloured it with my Zig Clean Colour real brush pens. I do quite like how I framed it with the orange and blue.





 Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 
 Hilary 
xx

14 comments:

brenda said...

So happy to see you join us again at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge Hilary. And what a pretty card it is as well, anything floral ticks all the right boxes for me and this is such an unusual image beautifully presented.

Have a good evening and don't forget the clocks!

B x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Such a pretty card, Hilary. Nice colouring, Well done!!
Take care - Stay safe. Hugs

Dotty Jo said...

Looks lovely, Hilary. Isn't it funny how we can't always see how good our own work looks, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the scene you created -I have this stamp set too
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Pretty vases and flowers, Hilary!

Greta said...

Very unique & artistic, Hilary! Your coloring is lovely!

Cat Craig said...

You've achieved an artsy feel for sure Hilary. Love your coloring.

papierelle said...

It worked because my first impression when I saw the card was a nice little shelf decoration !!

Mervi said...

Lovely and pretty card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque;-))m

Mac Mable said...

Very creative Hilary and the flowers and the vases look so pretty x.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I agree that this is very artistic with the gorgeous colours and unique background. I love the decoration on the shelf too!!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

aussie aNNie said...

This is stunning, the colours and complete design, wow...xx♥

sandie said...

Well I love it and I adore the flourish under the vase-it really does look like a part of a mantle piece. You did an amazing job and well done for making something different for you and you should love it x