Wednesday 30 June 2021

Little Fishes

Today I am in a rush as I need to get this card posted in order to join in with Craftlandia Challenge 7 where the theme is 'sea'. As I seem to be a bit short of time these days, I told myself that I had to make a quick and easy card. I often tell myself that but it doesn't often happen, usually because I spend far too long agonising over each little decision. Well just for a change it worked!


I started by taking a bit of glossy card and used a brayer to apply distress oxide ink, this gives a lovely smooth blend. Once that was done I took the stencil and applied ink through it with a sponge applicator. I think I used the same broken china ink on the top part of the panel and worn lipstick on the bottom. I quite liked the look. The only thing I could think of that I had in my stash that suited the sea theme, required by the challenge, was this little fish, so I went through my background folder and found a piece of mixed media background made yonks ago and cut the fish 3 times. I rather like that each fish looks slightly different and they all have a bit of a shine because the panel had been finished with glitter modge podge.


You can just see the shine in the close up.


I finished it with some little bubble embellishments, can't remember where I got them. I decided to leave it without a sentiment this time. i have just realised that there is no stamping on this one so that made it quicker to make too.


Supplies:
cardstock: Clarity A6 coated/silk; white card base; 160gsm coloured card
Ink: Distress Oxide
Dies: ?Docrafts dinky die

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 



12 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

It amazes me how a quick and simple card takes soooo long to do lol-love your underwater inky background and sparkly fish
Carol x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
this fish is maybe the only see thing you have in your stash, it is a beauty!! Your background is marvelous and the sparkling on the fish is amazing!

Mia said...

You made a beautiful card, Hilary. I always admire cards with no stamping. The shining fish are stunning and they pop up on the adorable background. Thank you so much for joining Craftlandia Challenge, my dear friend. Thank you for your support. I send you a BIG HUG, sweetie.

aussie aNNie said...

Super stunning and so love the colours here...♥
[my sewing machine is 30yrs young and still goes well.]

papierelle said...

Beautiful. I really like how you designed the background and the glittering fish go perfectly with it.

I Card Everyone said...

So fun, Hilary! Gorgeous little glittery fish, and they look right at home under your colorful sea!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love these fish and the colorful ocean, Hilary! The "bubbles" make this even better!

Cat Craig said...

Cute fishes Hilary. Lovely backdrop for them to swim too.

brenda said...

I'm running very late this week, so it's a bit of a quick hello and look at your pretty creation.

B x

Ashwini Rao said...

Can't believe this is a quickly made card! I for one, am sure will never be able to make one; not even gonna try!! :D
We really need to thank all those 'scraps' that we put into our drawers, huh? The card looks absolutely precious, Hilary!

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and fabulous card. Those fish look amazing and the background is wonderful Hilary x.

Loll said...

The colours of the background are so beautiful, Hilary!! Love that wave stencil. And your fishes are beautiful ... they sparkle. Great work!! xx