Wednesday 2 June 2021

May Card Chain Challenge

Today is 2nd June so time for the reveal post over at the card chain challenge where each month participants send a card to a fellow participant and receive one back. This month 30 people took part so there will be 30 gorgeous cards to see on the reveal post.

My card went to the lovely GerJanne in The Netherlands.

This month I didn't use the colours or the sketch but the theme of coffee and cake (hmmmm cake) and the product of embossing folders.


I have used a digi stamp by Stamplorations which I printed onto watercolour paper and then painted with my Zig clean colour real brush pens.  I added some detail and definition with my polychromo pencils too.


The image was then fussy cut and mounted onto a pale grey embossed background. I gave it a bit of a lift by matting it onto some green card. The sentiment is also a digi stamp that I printed onto vellum. The panel was mounted onto a grey card base.


I chose this sentiment deliberately for GerJanne because she is so inspirational and can turn her hand to any style of card, so it is an honour for me to send her a card and also to receive them from her. I am so glad I came across her blog a while back now. At first I was afraid that I had messed it up with the sentiment as it looked very bold against the soft colours, but I decided that I would ruin the card if I tried to change it and managed to tone down the black a bit by going over it with a white coloured pencil. I did it a few more times after I took the photo, so it looked more grey in the final version.

I received this amazing card from Tina in Slovenia. I do love that embossed background.


You have until 6th June to sign up to take part in the June Card Chain Challenge.

Supplies:
Cardstock: hot pressed watercolour paper; grey 120gsm paper; green 160gsm paper; adorable scorable for the base
Ink: Zig clean colour real brush pens; polychromo coloured pencils
Digi Stamps: Stamplorations
Embossing Folder: ?

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 



14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Hilary, I'd love to come over for some coffee and cake in your garden!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the coffee and cake theme-what not to like lol.
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful texture and a beautiful card Hilary....The sentiment looks fabulous too x.

papierelle said...

Wow, Your coloration is amazing, it looks so real!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So lovely! It turns out elegant and sweet! The sentiment on vellum is just perfect!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
I'm the lucky one who received this lovely card! It is even more beautiful in real. Thanks again!

Dotty Jo said...

Another gorgeous card, Hilary - no wonder GerJanne loves it! Thanks for being a link in our chain, Jo x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful image and so beautifully colored, Hilary! Love how it has dimension against the embossed background! I'm sure GerJanne is thrilled to get this card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card, Hilary. The colouring is beautiful and I love the soft colours you chose. Great fussy cutting too!
Take care.
Hugs
Carol xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Its such a wonderful card! I love the image, of course, but I love how you've colored it in such soft tones, and with the exceptional shading too. I don't think the sentiment is too dark, especially with the vellum maintaining the transperancy, I like how it looks against that pretty image.

Greta said...

What a beautiful card you sent, Hilary! Worth the effort to fussy cut the images!

brenda said...

I'm all behind this week so late visit Hilary, but great creation as always.

B x

Tina Z. said...

wow, incredible colouring, I totally love coffee and tea cards.
hugs xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous digi image and you colored it so beautifully, Hilary!! Just love it atop the textured background!!