Sunday 5 November 2023

We Love Stamping November Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps. This month we are introducing a change. Although we love stamping, with so many new products and techniques available to crafters we want to be more inclusive of different styles. So with immediate effect, we now require at least one stamped element on entries. Of course, as seasoned stampers, we will still love seeing fully stamped entries, but from now on your entry will be welcome as long as there is at least one stamped element on your card, regardless of whether it is the focal point or not.

This month our theme is:

**Anything Stamped or Christmas Characters**
We would love to see all sorts of Christmas Characters, from Gnomes to Robins, Santa to Angels. 


I started this by taking a piece of watercolour paper and stamping and clear heat embossing the wreath. I then spritzed it with water and shook some brusho powders onto the damp paper, lots of spritzing and mopping later I was happy with the look.


The little robin was stamped and heat embossed and his red breast coloured with a red pen. I mounted him onto another larger circle that I had coloured with the same ink (Catherine Pooler icing on the cake), finishing off with a few tiny gems.  The sentiment was also stamped and heat embossed.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are three prizes, two dies from Sizzix and stamp from Craft Stash  Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is the main focus on your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 29th November.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #56: the wreath and robin are NBUS


Supplies:
Ink: Brusho powders; Catherine Pooler icing on the cake; versamark
Stamps: Stamps by Chloe, leafy wreath; Woodware JGS824 bubble large tops; Tonic Studios stamp club stamp and die set 12 Christmas rose
Dies: Nesting circle and scalloped edge

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

26 comments:

brenda said...

Loving the intensity of the Brusho background Hilary and the green wreath stands out so well against it.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Ooh that swirly background looks amazing! A fabulous, festive design.
Lorraine

Pauline C said...

Lovely background on this card Hilary really makes your robin and wreath pop!
Pauline xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous Hilary, I love the vibrant cheerful colours.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Brusho background and I love the little Robin inside the foliage wreath.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely beautiful work on this amazing festive card Hilary it looks awesome
hugs
lolo x

Bonnie said...

What an awesome watery background, Hilary! And a sweet little bird in the wreath!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous, warm and so artistic card, Hilary!! Love so much the movement of the vibrant background, you used your brushos so well! The cute bird and the wreath look great!

Christine Alexander said...

Amazing Brusho background, such an artsy Christmas card- love it ♥

Ashwini Rao said...

That background is jaw dropping - so amazing, I thought it was designer paper, and not handmade!! Wow!! And I love how you've used the color distribution to your advantage. The wreath and the robin look amazing on this. Spectacular card, Hilary!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning background you created for your robin and wreath Hilary - this is such a sweet and beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Your stunning background fits perfect to the wreath and bird!!

Linby said...

A wonderful background effect and that sweet robin looks great inside the beautiful wreath.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous vibrant Hilary, what a beautiful background. I love your Robin and the wreath circling him.
Faith x

Cat Craig said...

Wow it looks incredible! Fab!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, Hilary, the wreath is incredible! Now and then a stamp grabs me like no other and this is one of them. Perhaps it's the way you heat embossed on the beautiful background. Maybe it's the pretty bird in the inner circle. I love all of it. Even though I've been making a lot of all-dies cards lately, stamping is still my #1 crafty passion.

Sarn said...

Gorgeous robin card with great techniques x

Rainbow Evening said...

beautiful.... love the bird

Jules said...

Hi Hilary

A great finished card .. .. love the background you have created very much!

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hello Hilary! Seems my FollowIt feed is giving me fits once more! I'm so glad I didn't miss this wonderful card completely.
I LOve it when your Brushos come out to play - what a gorgeous wash of color to nestle your sweet wreath and Robin into!
=]

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely adorable and so beautiful in colour too, love your card ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet robin in the wreath's center, Hilary, and stunning colorwash background!!

Lisa said...

I really love the bright cheery background for this terrific wreath. It makes the wreath really pop.

Bunny said...

As soon as I saw the background I knew it had to be Brushos. This is beautiful. [Bunny]

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful!