Thursday 2 November 2023

October Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 34 card makers took part and I sent my card to Gundi in Germany.

This month I used the theme options of bears and friendship and got my inspiration from 2 cards I found on Pinterest. This one for the background and this one for the design. Thanks Ellen and Hideko, pinterest is so helpful when your mind is blank.


I bought these bear stamps by Sunshine & Bee designs earlier this year as I have nothing like them in my stash. This is their first outing. I also bought a set with some cute koala bears, which are yet to be used.


I started by taking a piece of bristol smooth card and blended distress inks for the background. I added some white pigment ink through a circle stencil to add interest. I then took a piece of linen textured paper and cut the aperture and used a stitched rectangle to cut the panel to size. The bear was stamped, coloured with alcohol markers and fussy cut. I coloured round the white edges with a black marker and cut his arm so that he could poke out of the window. The flowers are diecuts coloured with alcohol markers.

I used some scrap card to cut 2 extra panels so I could get some dimension . I didn't want too much because it had to be posted to Germany. The sentiment is part of the same stamp set. I tried stamping it on vellum first as I thought it wouldn't work very well on the textured cardstock, but that didn't work well either so I stamped it directly on the card in the end.

Unfortunately this little bear took his time to reach Gundi in the forrest because customs decided to open the envelope. Perhaps they were unable to resist the little bear and flower on the envelope! Anyway, I am glad it arrived in the end.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Brenda in UK. You can't really see on the photo, but the sentiments and wellies are silver heat embossed and they give the whole thing a lovely shine. I also love the 'straw' under the wellies - thanks Brenda.


I am also sharing tis at NBUS #56 - the stamps are NBUS


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

28 comments:

Carole said...

Love your little bear Hillary and all your attention to detail...as did customs too by the sound of it. I hope you gave them the same inspiration you give to us. Thank you xx

Ellibelle said...

I am sure Gundi was thrilled to receive this cute card, love the CAS style with the white to keep the focus on the cute bear! And you received such a beauty from Brenda as well!!

Ashwini Rao said...

I love your card idea - clever and sweet to use the little bear hang his paw out to hold out the flower. Indeed, irresistible!

coldwaters2 said...

Love your cute, adorable card Hilary that bear is a delight great card design can't wait to see the Koala
hugs
lolo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww, sweet bear, Hilary! Love the bitty flowers and your gorgeous background in the window!!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Hilary, he is just the cutest floral delivery bear ever!
Sorry he had a tough journey, but I'm betting Gundi loved it just the same!
=]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This card is just a cutie Hilary, how sweet bear peeking out from the window with the flower in his paw! A great design, lovely colours and a good dimension. The texture you added with white in the back looks great. It's not so much visible here in the photos, but open one to enlarged it and it's really pretty!
Customers have been invasive, but it's good that the card is arrived in the end... Surely the adorable bear on the envelope cached their attention!
Waiting to see the koalas! :)
Hugs

Julia Aston said...

I just love how your little bear is leaning out of the window and has a flower in her hand to give to the receiver Hilary - such a sweet design. A beautiful background created inside the window too! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and I love the little bear in the aperture. Beautiful card from Brenda too.
Carol x

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an adorable and delightful friendship card, Hilary! I love how you cut the bear's arm to make it look like he's poking out of the window! The soft circular pattern in the background and the linen texture of the front panel add so much interest! I'm sorry for the customs issue, but I'm glad that the card arrived in Gundi's hands in the end.
It's nice to see that my bear card provided some inspiration for your creation. Thanks for tagging me!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

Adorable bear, I love your little window and bunch of flowers. The soft stenciled background is so pretty ♥

papierelle said...

Who can resist such a cute bear? Customs can't do it! ... *LOL* But I'm glad they passed him on to me after giving him plenty of cuddles.

Darnell said...

Yes, Hilary, thank goodness for websites that help us out! Your little bear relaxing on the window sill is so darn cute! I love the background and how you have arranged the flowers! (Don't get me started on the postal "service!") TFS the fabulous card from Brenda! And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Such a cute bear. And beautiful card.

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Hilary! I love how the bear's arm is outside the box to hand the sweet flower to the recipient!

Gail said...

Hilary, that is a darling bear, and cute card!

Jules said...

Hi Hilary

A cute, fun and lovely card .. .. great use of the aperture die too.

Love Jules xx

Lisa said...

Two really cute cards. I particularly like the first card and the bear peeking out of the peek a boo opening. Great colors on that card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A delightful card, love the bear, shame about the post though. Brenda's card is lovely too.
Faith x

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet little bear, and I love how you have him peeking through the window on your card. And a lovely card from your sender too. Thanks for once again being a link in our chain of friendship and crafting, Jo x

Imke said...

Cute little bear card, Hilary. I like how he is peeking out of the window ! Great card for the CCC !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Linby said...

A sweet yet CAS design. Love how the bear is peeking out the window. Beautiful card from Brenda too.

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is so darn cute, Hilary! You know I love critters, and this design is super sweet. Beautifully inspired. You received a darling and clever card, too!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is so darn cute, Hilary! You know I love critters, and this design is super sweet. Beautifully inspired. You received a darling and clever card, too!

Arlene said...

I love how you arranged this cute bear with one paw outside the window of the card. So cute.

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, that turned out to be a beautiful card.
The bear is so cute the way he looks out there.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that has to be the cutest bear card EVER! :) Put a big smile on my face. :) Fantastic work Hilary!! I bet Gundi loved it! xx

Greta said...

I'm finally starting over with blog reading, as I could never catch up. You've been so sweet to leave me all those comments--thank you! I know Gundi was delighted to get this darling card! Love the background & your coloring!