Monday 2 September 2024

August Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 26 card makers took part and I sent my card to Jeanne in Minesotta.


I have used the colours, the sketch and the theme of friendship from all the options.



I found this stitched oval frame in my stash and decided it was time for it to be used. Actually everything was from my stash except the heart balloon, ribbon and string, which I die cut and coloured. I was pleased to use up these bits and quite pleased with the finished card. I covered the heart with wink of stella so it has a nice shine in real life.


I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Lyneen in Washington State. This was the first time she has joined us so I am honoured to receive her first ever card chain card. Thanks Lyneen.


I am off to sunny (I hope) Sussex today for a few days holiday with John and then next week I am off for my annual get together with my 2 sisters and sister-in-law, so a busy time. My apologies if you don't see me visiting much. I hope I will be able to keep ontop of things. We will see.

Have I told you my Gemini Foilpress has been fixed? I am very happy. A very nice gentleman from the local repair shed found the problem and sorted it. I expect you will see more foiling from me again now.
If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

brenda said...

A timely prompt, I'll away and do a post now. Lots of elemets came together so nicely Hilary.

B x

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card Hilary! First that great background with the outline die cut and finally that beautiful shimmery heart balloon - all framed in the lovely white! Have fun on your upcoming excursions! Julia xx

Tina Z. said...

Both cards are simply stunning. Enjoy your holidays. We are busy too - we returned from Italian coast and going this weekend to Croatian coast.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and design, love the shiny balloon. Beautiful card from Lyneen too, enjoy your holiday and family get together.
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - I'm in love with this card, Hilary! That heart looks amazing atop your layered background and in the oval window - lucky Jeanne!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh, and enjoy your time away!!

Arlene said...

I love using up stuff in my stash and it's such a beauty.

Christine Alexander said...

pretty card with all the layers ♥

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Hilary, and I love how you have used the colours so beautifully. Enjoy your time away
Blessings
Maxine

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderful all the way around and front to back! You give everything an extra special touch. A lovely card you received as well. I'm glad for you that you got your foiling machine fixed as you were enjoying it so much. I don't think we even have such a repair shop here. Enjoy your non-crafting activities!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, your card is so lovely, and I love the extra hearts and bling on your heart balloon! What a wonderful way to use some of your snippets!
Have a wonderful get-away with John, and again with the girls!
It's so great that your machine got fixed - think he could work his magic on my Glimmer?? lol
=] Michele

Bonnie said...

Love this heart, Hilary! It fits so perfectly in the oval aperture and the die cut flowers make a great background!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design xx

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous cards to send and receive, love the colours

Maria said...

Such a lovely card in beautiful color! Love the sweet heart along with the tiny hearts, so pretty! Wonderful background, too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a clever and gorgeous take on the sketch, such beautiful colours too. Love all the lovely details. Enjoy your days away, I should think it will be lots of fun too. x

Loll said...

Lovely card you sent to Jeanne, Hilary!! Love the idea of the heart-shaped balloon over your pretty flower outline background. Looks perfect with the oval aperature. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful creations Hilary I love the dies you have used on your card and that lovely pink balloon heart the one you received looks amazing
hugs
lolo x

Conny said...

Wow.. your card is so wonderful! Love the shiny balloon!
Hugs,
Conny