Wednesday 18 September 2024

We Love Stamping September Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where we love to see you using your stamps. 

Thank you all for your kind messages. I am starting to feel brighter in myself now, so I think I am on the mend (fingers crossed).

This month Lolo has chosen out theme as she loves colouring her images.

** Hand Coloured Image **
or
**Anything Goes**

Some time ago I got carried away and bought a whole set of 8 stamp and die sets by Crafters Companion. They are actually meant for making tags and bookmarks and I like them because they have a stamp for the back of the animal. I have done a post using these little animals before. You can find it here. I can't believe that was in 2021. Doesn't time fly?


I don't really like making cards for children and always struggle, so when I had the idea for using these stamps (and it worked), I used it for all my children's cards for a while, but now I am now looking for a new idea.


The unicorn was stamped, die cut and coloured with alcohol markers. I cut round the front legs so he would hang over the edge. This unicorn was the last one I made and by that time I realised that if I stamped and cut another back piece I could cover the area where his arms hung over. You will see what I mean if you look at the inside photo of the cards below. Sometimes I can be a bit slow on the uptake!


Anyway, I was quite pleased with the finished cards. You can see the others I made below. The string art frame cover die is by Birch Press Design. I cut it from a number of failed gelli prints. It was a great way to use them up.







Hope you enjoyed my little showcase.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes from Highlight Crafts. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 30th September.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

9 comments:

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun set of cards, the double sided animals are brilliant and i think kids will love that on opening the card. Having 5 nieces ive had plenty of practice on childrens cards, although luckily most of them also like 'quirky' like me! lol

brenda said...

What great cards for little ones Hilary, something I struggle with as well.

B x

Pauline C said...

Brilliant idea for the string cards Hilary - very original. Sorry to hear you e been unwell with Covid and hope you’re soon feeling better xx

Jeanne H said...

Darling cards. You enabled me. teehee

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How cute - each & every one, Hilary!! Love the #s & critters in the windows!!

Leslie Miller said...

Time does fly, for sure. I used to make a lot of kids and babies cards, but the need went away and I'm not real sorry. However, I think each of your cards is adorable and sweet and you've done some clever work with them. I like the idea of front and back dies. I have had front and back stamps in the past, but it was the old days when dies weren't such a thing. It was not easy to get them cut just right. I'm glad to know you're feeling a little better, Hilary.

I Card Everyone said...

Wasn't 2021 just yesterday?? ha! Darling cards for kids, Hilary and very clever designs you've created!
=]

Bonnie said...

These are so cute, Hilary! So perfect for children's cards and I love the string art die!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
It is a very cool series.So cute the back of the figures! Kids will like it for sure! So do I😄.
The die with the strings is a beauty!