Friday 18 October 2024

We Love Stamping October Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where we love to see you using your stamps. 

This month Emma has chosen our theme which is:

**Autumn**
or
Anything Goes


For this card I started with a circle stencil and blended 3 colours of Catherine Pooler inks. Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten exactly which colours I used! I then used another stencil by the Crafters Workshop to add a bit more interest to the background. The leaf stamp is called Happy Days by Uniko. I stamped and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and then added a few gold flecks with gold embossing powder. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was heat embossed in gold.


I cut the panel with a scalloped frame die and then matted it with some matt gold card. A few tiny gems finished it off. The insert was stamped and stencilled and I added the leaves to the envelope too.

I have to say that this didn't turn out how I wanted it. I think the colour on the circles is too rich and the gold flecks don't look that great to me, but there we go. It'll have to do.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 3 prizes from AALL and Create, border stamps, A6 stamp and two stencils Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 30th October.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

2 comments:

brenda said...

Lush warm Autumnal colours Hilary, the circle arrangement a very effective backdrop for the leaves.

B x

Liz said...

Beautiful card Hilary, such a lovely design.
Liz xx