Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 26 card makers took part and I sent my card to Kathy in the UK.
I used the colour option (sort of) the theme of friendship and the technique of ink blending
I started by blending Catherine Pooler ink in it's a girl (pink) and glitz (gold). Once I was happy with it I chose this stencil by crafters workshop, which is one of my favourites and hasn't been used for a long time. I used a slightly darker pink called part dress over the stencil and then cut the hello and friend (dies by Tonic Studios) from my panel. I wasn't sure how I was going to raise the letters but in the end I decided on some craft foam. I haven't used it on my cards for ages because it isn't recyclable, but I still have some stock so thought it was worth using. I cut the words from some grey foam and mounted the panel on it too. After I had finished the card, I realised that I needn't have used it under the panel too as it made my card a bit thick, which meant a more expensive stamp, but at least it wasn't going abroad this month. In this country letters cost more to post if they are more than 5mm thick. This is a major reason why I keep most of my cards quite flat.
I spritzed the panel with some silver shimmer spray to add some interest, inked the edges with the darker pink and added 3 little gems. The cardbase is adorable scorable coated card, but it is kraft coloured. Not that you can see much of it.
I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Gail in Canada. I love it. Thanks Gail.
If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.






27 comments:
Beautiful card Hilary, love the stencilled inky background and co-ordinating sentiment. Love the card from Gail too.
Carol x
Your card is perfect! The big HELLO so straight next to eachother. Allways lovely to lift it with foam or something else. Nice effect.
The colours are so bright, love it!
Gails card is lovely too!!
Lovely card with bold bright colours. Happy summertime.
This is SO pretty Hilary! Love the stencilling over the ink blending and the eclipse sentiment, Great use of the suggested colors! Julia xx
Fantastic eclipse sentiment Hilary, the stencilling looks lovely in those colours! I’m betting Kathy won’t be worrying about recycling — last I heard she was trying to figure out how best to keep and/or display the cards from CCC!
Beautifully inked and stamped.
Pink and orange? YES, please!! At least that is what my eyes are seeing, Hilary! Might be the pink ink over the gold = orange? lol
I just LOve it! HELLO gorgeous card!
=]
A great card - I love the colors.
A beautiful eclipse card Hilary.
B x
This card is stunningly beautiful. You’ve achieved a magnificent effect using such simple means!!!
OH! This is gorgeous Hilary, love the colour mix and how you used it, the eclipse design is just so lovely. Beautiful work. x
What an amazing eclipse card, Hilary! The letters are quite visible rising from the background due to your ink placement as well as the dimension. Beautiful stenciling. Cleverly done! It's the same here if a card has too much dimension. I like to give my cards texture, but minimal dimension. When I do use foam tape it's very thin. You were indeed lucky to receive Gail's fruity card!
Beautiful eclipse design Hilary, I love the colours and stencilling on the background along with the dimension xx
Gorgeous card Hilary. I LOVE the way you've used the colours and ink blending with your stencil to create the most beautiful card front. Having the raised lettering in the same colours looks amazing. xx
So very beautiful
rkrsrue.blogspot.com
That's a lovely stencilled background. Using the eclipse technique is a great call, since now we get to see that beautiful background in all its glory! Great card, Hilary!!
Wow, Hilary, just look at what you made! What a stunner and such fabulous ink belening too. Loving the added sparkle! Thanks for joining the fun and being a link in our chain again. Jo x
What a clever, simple and effective design using the colors - I love the look!
Your card is so beautiful in color and design! Love those pretty colors and the bold "hello" sentiment! Well done, love it!!
Didn't get my card blogged yet, but I will put it in my next post. Your ink blending is so pretty and love the stenciling over it! I don't know if I've ever done that, so will have to give it a try.
Honestly, That Joanne (Angelnorth) is giving away all my secrets. Yes I think it would be lovely to keep these CCC cards - maybe as some kind of book, but they are just decorating the shelf above my pc at the minute.
Thank you so much for this beautiful addition to said shelf - I really love it. I absolutely love to use plenty of dimension on my cards and it breaks my heart not to! A love the 'sunset' colours and the ink blending/stencilling look amazing. Eclipse cards are a favourite of mine so you really hit the spot with this!
Beautiful blog
Please read my post
Beautiful and creative. You are very talented 👏 ❤️
Such a gorgeous card, Hilary and I love how you popped up the Hello. I love the beaded mat in the background too lol!
Hugs,
Carol x
Fabulous ink blending, Hilary, and I love your color combo!! The stenciling looks amazing behind your raised sentiment!!
Hi Hilary
What a fabulous card you made .. .. such gorgeous colours. Such a great background.
I have yet to make my first eclipse card!!
Hope all is good at your end.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo
Post a Comment