Sunday, 13 September 2026

Special Day

Today I am sharing the birthday card that I made for my eldest daughter who's birthday was in June.


I started with my favourite embossing folder by Spellbinders which I inked with Catherine Pooler twilight ink. I was pleased with how it turned out and really like the look.


The flowers are a set called go for it by Pinkfresh Studio. I have the press/foil plate, stencils and the matching dies. I foiled them onto glossy card stock and used the stencils to add colour. The sentiment strip is from the BetterPress set called birthday wishes sentiments. The panel was mounted onto white card then onto a grey cardbase.

I was pleased with this one. Hope you like it too.

I am sharing this at:
Seize the birthday #334 - Add a sentiment strip



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

26 comments:

Ashwini said...

The embossed layer looks super pretty! And I love the pretty yellow flowers - perfect size - they still let the embossed background shine while maintaining it's own relevance. It's really a superb card. Wishing your daughter a super belated hapyp birthday as well!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Hilary - love the yellow flowers against that gorgeous grey and white embossed background!
Blessings
Maxine

Angelnorth said...

This is so lovely Hilary, such a sophisticated colour scheme and the embossing has turned out beautifully.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a special card for your daughter! A gorgeous background for the beautiful blooms! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday:)

GerJanne said...

I think it's a very delicate card. So beatiful with the embossing and ink.
At the frist sight I thought it was vellum....
I'm sure your daughter loved it!

crafty-stamper said...

A special card for your Daughter, love the beautiful embossing, flowers and delicate grey background colour.
Carol x

Leslie Miller said...

Such a lovely birthday card! I've always been fond of a yellow and gray combo. In fact, my bedroom is done in these colors. Your embossing folder and flowers make such a pretty pairing.

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous design, Hilary! The embossing is so pretty (at first glance I though you had used vellum) and the yellow flowers make a perfect bouquet for your daughter's birthday.
Hope you are well,
Hugs,
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, your daughter will absolutely swoon seeing this one. I am completely enamored.

Loll said...

Beautiful card for your daughter's birthday, Hilary!! I LOVE the background ... I haven't used that technique for so long ... now I need to play! :) The flowers are beautifully coloured. Love the yellow and gray together. xx

Liz said...

Gorgeous card for your daughter, Hilary. The inky, embossed background is beautiful.
Liz xx

papierelle said...

The tender flowers fits perfect to the embossing background!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous, I love the embossing effect, with the gorgeous flowers. The card is exquisite. I'm sure your daughter loved it. x

Linby said...

A very pretty card for your daughter. The effect you have achieved is so wonderful.

Viv said...

This is beautiful Hilary. I'm sure she loved it.
Having severe issues with Google and Blogger as my Reading List isn't updating - it's a Google problem, first reported by some blogger in July and not yet fixed. So am sorry for missing recent posts. x

Jules said...

Hi Hilary
This is gorgeous - I love that embossed background very much!
A really beautiful card for your daughter, I hope she had a happy day.
Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Mum is at peace most of the time .. .. .. but can get very angry and violent too .. .. .. she also knows a lot of not very nice words that we have never heard her use until now!! We didn't even think she knew them!
Hope all is good with you.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxoxox

Eve said...

Hi Hilary,
Wow! your card is beautiful. I love everything about it! You have given me inspiration to try that technique with my embossing folders - thank you!
I would love to know the name of the embossing folder that you used please.
Eve x

Greta said...

Your embossing folder inking always look so great! I need to keep trying. This is a gorgeous card!

brenda said...

Another one just popped up, beautifully done Hilary.

B x

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Hilary. The embossed background is wonderful and I like how the yellow flowers pop up. I am sure that your daughter loved the card. Happy belated birthday to her. Hugs, my friend.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just stunning with the embossed background and sweet bouquet, Hilary!!

Maria said...

How lovely the embossed background is for your wonderful birthday card for your daughter! A lovely sweet bouquet of flowers, too! Happy late birthday to your daughter! I’m sure she loves the card!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely love how your background turned out! So lovely! It is a perfectly background for your cheerful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Hilary! Jo x