Friday, 2 October 2026

September Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 29 card makers took part and I sent my card to Linda in Michigan.


This month I used the colours and the sketch.

I also used the friendship them, stencils and tone on tone inking.


I am pleased that I bought myself a new large sticky mat because it has enabled me to ink blend through a stencil one handed. I am now just over 5 weeks into my confinement in a plaster cast and can do much more, but when I made this card, life was quite challenging as I could do very little with my left hand, so I was pleased with my ink blending through these stencils.  Two stencils are used to make this pattern. They are by Stampin Up and were a gift. I used 2 colours for the stencilling and the heart. Catherine Pooler flirty fuchsia and be mine. The little labels are by Craft Addiction UK, as is the slatted heart die. The sentiments are embossed into the labels, see the close up below. I was tempted to use a fine liner to help the words stand out, but I knew I wouldn't manage it one handed. Especially as it is my writing hand that is incapacitated. I used CP bellini ink for the peony colour and embroidery thread for the scarlet.


Considering my current disability, I was pleased with this one.


I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Ellie in Illinois


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here.
I am going to be away for a few days from today, so apologies if it takes me a few days to visit the reveal.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card Hilary, love the colours and great take on the options, cute card from Ellie too. Enjoy your days away and wow five weeks-nearly there -that has passed though maybe not to you.
Carol x

Linby said...

This is a lovely design and great use of colour. Enjoy your time away.

brenda said...

Great use of the colour option Hilary, sure Linda loved it.

B x

Angelnorth said...

You did a great job and personally I like the subtlety of the embossed sentiment. Hope your time away is for something fun.

Leslie Miller said...

Love this, and amazing you were able to create it one handed! You have just sold me on a sticky mat. I've been on the fence, but now I think it's a must have. Pretty colors, perfect plaid, and that slatted heart is precious! A darling card by Ellie, too!

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Hilary. The colours are beautiful and you’ve done a great job with the stencilling. Hope it won’t be too long before the plaster comes off.
Liz xx

Julia Aston said...

So glad you are getting to use your hand more as it heals, Hilary - I was out of commission for a while with shoulder surgery so I understand the limitations and frustrations! I just love the mostly plum here on your card with the touch of peony and scarlet - wonderful stencilled plaid on the strip and sweet heart with the two sizes of the tags! Great design using the sketch and colors! Julia xx

Anonymous said...

Well done Hilary - your purchase of the sticky mat was timely!! And the resultant card is outstanding. So glad to hear that your time in plaster is coming to an end, then comes the physio to strengthen it again and regain the full range of motion...
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With or without your disability, this is an awesome card, love the colour. So beautiful. I hope your improving every day. x

papierelle said...

Your card turned out simple and yet so beautiful.