Saturday 22 December 2018

A Special Christmas Card

Hello,
Today I am sharing the Christmas card I made for my husband. As usual I got all my other cards done and then remembered I needed a special one for my special husband. I used a stamp and die set from Crafters Companion.

Here is my card:

The 2 stamps were stamped with versamark and heat embossed in silver. The die cut was cut from silver holographic card, I then cut an aperture with the outline die from the panel and the underlying card front. I covered the hole inside the card with some vellum and then drew in the string for the stamped bauble and fixed the string and bow for the special bauble with silver thread. Here is a close up:


The sentiment was also heat embossed. You may be wondering why I made the hole in the card and put vellum behind it, well this is why:


I put a battery operated tea that changes colour inside the card and the light shines through. I think it enhances the effect of the 'special' bauble. What do you think?


I am quite pleased with how this turned out and am sharing it at the following challenges:

1. Time Out #125 Inspired by words

2. CAS on Friday #148 Make a Christmas Card #2

3.AAA Cards CAS Game #130 3 of something

For your blog


My apologies for the slightly dark pictures.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Hilary
xx

5 comments:

sandie said...

Well this sure is special for hubby. I adore the light shining through-how very creative and has an amazing effect. This will definitely sine out from all the other cards in you house, so pleased you shared this with us at Time Out

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a beauty! He'll love it, Jo x

Jill V said...

I love how you created that shine through effect - it must look beautiful in real life! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Hilary. And what a lovely idea to use a tealight behind the 'open' bauble. Love it.
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

LucieGCards said...

Wow! What a fabulous card for your hubby - I'm sure he loved it! I love that holographic bauble and the tealight behind it! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!