Sunday 7 July 2019

Guest Designer

Hello,
Today I am thrilled to be guest designer over at Stamping Sensations. I was lucky enough to win the May Challenge with the card you can find here. I have to say it was a complete shock as I think it might have been the first time I had ever entered one of their challenges, how amazing is that?

Anyway, now I have the pleasure and the agony of coming up with a card that I consider good enough for a guest designer slot. Originally, when thinking about what I would do, I had every intention of using the stamp sets by Chocolate Baroque that I won, but when I sat down to make my card something completely different happened, I am not sure how or why but never mind. The stamp sets I won are wonderful and I have used one of them several times already.

The prompt for the July challenge is:
'The earth laughs in flowers'
Here is the card I came up with:


This background flower stamp is by Wow, I stamped and heat embossed it in Wow gold pearl embossing powder and then painted the panel with my Zig clean colour real brush pens. I really like that embossing powder it gives such a lovely shine that you can see better in this picture:


The sentiment was part of the free gift with issue 191 of Simply Cards and Papercraft. I thought it fitted this occasion perfectly. I heat embossed it onto vellum and wrapped it around the die cut panel before mounting it on some pink craft foam. It doesn't show on the photo but it adds a bit of interest and dimension. Finally I mounted the panel on a piece of adorable scorable purple card.

Here is a close up:



I am pleased with the vibrancy of this card, I hope you like it too. thanks also to Stamping Sensations for giving me an opportunity to be a guest designer.

Please grab our logo

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

6 comments:

brenda said...

I can't count the number of times that 's happened to me Hilary, but that's the fun of crafting. It's a really beautifully bright and happy card and the gold embossing gives a lovely soft finish against the colours.

So please you joining us as our Guest Designer this month, thank you.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Such a vibrant and glorious card, full of colour and so very eye catching x. Many congratulations on being the guest designer with this stunning card x.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my Hilary, what a lovely and colorful card. Congratulations on the GD spot.

papierelle said...

This looks great and I especially like the colors you have chosen.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gold embossing is so beautiful! You did such a fabulous job coloring! Very impressive! thanks for visiting my blog - I am glad you are enjoying Darnell's hilarious stories and my cards!

KandA said...

Such a beautiful card Hilary. I love the colours and the flower stamp is fabulous xx