Tuesday 2 July 2019

June Card Chain Challenge





Hello,
Today is reveal day at Card Chain Challenge and my card went to Lucille in Colorado this month. Just for a change this card came together quite easily. I used my favourite Concord & 9th turnabout stamp, I think it is called 'all seasons'. I like it because it is not as hard to line up as some of them and it creates a perfect circle. Here is the card:


I have tried to use the colours and the sketch for my card, although they are not exact.




I made this by masking the panel with a die cut circle and 2 strips of post it tape and blending distress inks to get the yellow panel. I then used moment ink to stamp the flowers and the sentiment. I trimmed the panel and mounted it on a blue card base. Finally I fretted about whether to add any embellishments. I decided against it because I am generally not very good at getting then right and the card was going to the States so it is best without lumps and bumps in the envelope.

Here is a close up:


This month I was lucky enough to receive a card from Cat Craig. She makes the most amazing CAS cards. Here is the one she sent me:



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

3 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, what a fabulous card you made. I love all the colors in your circle of florals and leaves. I have trouble with the c&9th turn abouts, maybe I should give this one a shot. It is cheery and Lucky Lucille. I am so glad you liked your card and I look forward to yours next month! Hugs.

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card you've made with a fun and fabulous technique and the colours are beautiful. Glorious card from Cat too x

Angelnorth said...

Beautifully stamped card Hilary and your inking of the solid yellow strip is fabulouly smooth!