Thursday 15 July 2021

CAS Mix Up Reminder

It's time for the reminder post for this months CAS Mix Up challenge. It is a mixed media challenge and our host is Coni, she has chosen alcohol ink on vellum as the prompt this month.  I do love using alcohol ink but don't get it out as often as I should, so I have enjoyed created my cards this month.

I have used alcohol pearl inks this time and played around on a pice of vellum until I was happy with it. I am lucky enough to have the outline die for this dahlia so I was able to avoid that horrible fussy cutting. The flower outline was cut from cream coloured card and stacked 3 times.



The panel was dry embossed on some off white paper and the sentiment stamped on the cream card. I used a stencil from the flower die to decorate the insert and the envelope.


You can see the shine from the pearl ink a little better on the close up picture.


Once the inking was done this was a very simple card to make. I think it is quite effective and am pretty pleased with it. I hope it might inspire you to take part in CAS Mix Up challenge this month. You have until the 24th to get your entries in.

I have used stamping, die cutting, alcohol inking and dry embossing for this card.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Cream linen effect 260 gsm; off white paper
Ink: Ranger alcohol pearl alchemy & splendor; Ranger alcohol currant
Stamps: My Favourite Things
Dies: Memory box (Flower); Concord & 9th (sentiment Strip)
Embossing folder: Darice

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

16 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, love the design and colours. Anesha

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely CAS, the dahlia looks so beautiful with the pearlescent alcohol inks and the dimensional outiline! Love how you used it with that Darice EF, I have it and find it's really pretty. Your matching envelopes are always fabulous.

Cat Craig said...

Oh Hilary, this is gorgeous! Love all the details you put into this project.

Christine Alexander said...

Hillary your Dahlia flower is stunning and your embossed background ♥

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, wow! Its gorgeous!! I am loving the look of the alcohol ink backed die cut on the lovely embossing. In fact, I thought they are a part of the same set - did a double take to ensure, only to figure out I was wrong! Fussy cutting that would be a little time consuming, so I'm glad you had the die as well! :)

brenda said...

A striking sunny card Hilary. Have a couple of pearl AI's but find they are rather 'blobby' and don't blend that well. Am desperate to get hold of the Couture Creation Glimmer AI's but nobody stocks them in the UK, The Craft Store had some Sunday but sold out instantly apparently.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card love the embossed background and beautiful inky die-cut Dahlia
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

I think you have enabled me to get some alcohol pearl inks. This is so beautiful. The colors are gorgeous together and the whole card is awesome.

Loll said...

LOVE the colours of your AI dahlia, Hilary! The shimmer is so pretty! Amazing texture from your embossed background. The stenciled insert and envelope make this even more special. Great work! xx

Viv said...

AI Pearls now added to the toilet paper length wish list....
Gorgeous card Hilary! x

Ros Crawford said...

I am loving all these vellum/AI creations... Your card is so striking and so pretty! I love dahlia's BTW. Have a super weekend

conil said...

That dahlia die is fantastic as is your beautiful alcohol inking. So glad you included the shimmery photo so I could see all the glory you created. Such a beautiful card...you certainly mastered this technique.

Bonnie said...

Oh, Hilary, this is so pretty! Love the colors of the beautiful die cut dahlia and the embossed background is so pretty! Thanks so much for the beautiful birthday card, my friend! Love those shades of blue!

papierelle said...

A wonderful combination of embossing folder and punching template and the alcohol inks are the eye-catchers.

nancy littrell said...

Oh my...Gorgeous dry embossed flower background for your Stunning die cut dahlia with the alcohol ink on vellum colors, Hilary. TFS your beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Mac Mable said...

What a striking card with a fabulous colour combination Hilary. The dahlia looks amazing and the extra texture from the dry embossing looks fabulous Hilary x.