Sunday 4 July 2021

Meadow View

Today is the first Sunday in the month so time for a new challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque. This month the theme is:
**Beautiful Blooms**

I do love flowers so this challenge is no hardship for me and of course I bought several CB flower stamps when I knew I would be joining the DT.


I got my idea for this card from the wonderful Heather Telford. I really liked how she did the background for the journal page you can see if you follow the link, so I started by smooshing some distress oxide ink on the bottom of my panel, then I used a blending brush to do the blue sky.

Once I was happy with the background I used CB Baroque meadow silhouette stamp which I lightly inked with a grey ink and stamped several times, moving it along a little each time. Then I inked the same stamp with watercolour markers and spritzed with water before stamping. This gave the loose splodges of colour in the 'meadow'. Then I took the silhouette leaf stamp from Rose Duo and repeat stamped it across the card in a dusky green. Finally I took the leaf/flower spray from the Lords & Ladies stamp set and stamped it in the foreground to the left of the panel. This is such a gorgeous stamp, it has amazing detail and a mix of open and silhouette images. I stamped it again several times across the card off the edge and added a little colour to the flowers. I used Catherine Pooler Spruce ink for the stamping as I didn't want a harsh black and it worked beautifully.


The sentiment comes from the Ace Card stamp set which I stamped and heat embossed on vellum. Here is a close up so you can see all the layers of stamping. I am quite pleased with how this one turned out. It has a summer meadow feel that I was aiming for - hooray. It is so nice to say that as mostly the end result is never what I intended!



I hope I might have inspired you to take part in this months challenge. 

I shall look forward to seeing you in the gallery

Supplies:
Cardstock: Adorable scorable mattastic; Bristol Board; Vellum
Ink: Distress ink; Distress Oxide; Catherine Pooler; Stabilo watercolour pens
Dies: A6 Stitched rectangle by Create a Smile

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 



25 comments:

brenda said...

It it just like taking a wander in a field of wild flowers on a warm hazy day Hilary, you have captured that vision perfectly. And how nice to have it reflected onto the envelope.

B x

Mervi said...

Wonderful, as Brenda said you have captured the flower layers perfectly.
I like the peaceful and delicate look;-))m

papierelle said...

Wow, how beautiful is these card. I really have the feeling of walking through a meadow of flowers!

Crafting Queen said...

Such a beautiful scene you created, love it. Anesha x

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wildflower meadow, Hilary! Love how the silhouette pops!

Mac Mable said...

Great layering effect with the stamping, blending and smooshing. What an amazing meadow garden and one amazing and beautiful card Hilary x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your card looks as a walking in a Summery meadow, love the peaceful feel and the sweet warm colours! You really nailed the scene, great use of all the beautiful CB stamps! The vellum stripe with the lovely sentiment finishes the card perfectly!!

coldwaters2 said...

What a wonderful creation Hilary you have created such a beautiful scene of what nature is all about absolutely beautiful
hugs
lorraine x

Cat Craig said...

Hilary what a wonderful scene you have built. Reminds me of my Moms overgrown garden that she deliberately let go wild.

Kathleen said...

A really beautiful card, some stunning images and colours, great sentiment too.

Kath x

Loll said...

LOVE your smooshed background, Hilary! It adds so much depth to your card. Gorgeous with the beautiful blooms you've stamped and coloured. The sentiment is fabulous! xx

Linby said...

A wonderful composition and the silhouette over the top looks wonderful and adds so much dimension. I must remember to try it too!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hilary you have created a wonderful card... lots of lovely layers, adding depth and colour and finished with a super sentiment...love it, hugs Robyn

Ashwini Rao said...

What a gorgeous blooming meadow in spring! Really takes you to the scene filled with fresh colors, butterflies and sunshine! Absolutely gorgeous card, Hilary!

I Card Everyone said...

It's the perfect spot for butterflies to congregate, Hilary! and very pretty!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous background for your wild flowers, thanks for the link to the tutorial. I love the card ♥

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning, Hilary! I love the card and the envelope too. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the depth of the beautiful stamps-like looking through a haze of wild flowers-brilliant effect
Carol x

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is gorgeous...great card.
xx Karen

aussie aNNie said...

Just beautiful, reminding me spring is just around the corner here down under. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's a stunner Hilary... I could definitely see this in a frame! You really capture a summer's wild flower field beautifully!

Tracy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Hilary, I love it!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Greta said...

They're lucky to have you on the DT, Hilary! This is one fantastic creation--wow!

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Mervi said...

Thank you for the gorgeous card I received a while ago!
Having so busy time at the cottage with all the garden work and berries...
Thanks for your kind words;-))m