Friday 2 July 2021

June CCC Reveal

Today is the 2nd of July so time for the reveal post over at the Card Chain Challenge where you will see 24 cards that were sent around the world in June. My card didn't go that far this month as I sent it to Jo who lives in England too.  I think that this fact made me slow to get going on my card and I felt a bit delayed but then it only took 2 days to reach her so it didn't matter.


I used the sketch option and also matched the colours as best I could.



when I first made this card I used the pale blue for the circle die, but I didn't like it as the red that I used for the matting just overwhelmed it and it needed to be balanced, so I re-did it using the red. I did leave a hint of blue by stacking the die and leaving the inner leaf pieces in place. I was much happier then. I didn't have a suitable orange red card so I took a piece of orange card and used an alcohol marker to make it redder. I think it worked.


The stripes are made with washi tape and I was pleased that the sentiment heat embossed onto it OK, I wasn't sure that it would work. The tiny flower washi was a gift from the lovely Gundi at papierelle.


I received this amazing card from Linda in MN, the thing about this card that really made me love it is that Linda has used a die from the same set that I did. These little circle dies are part of a set of 6 from Pinkfresh Studios. What a great coincidence, or maybe not as they do fit beautifully with the sketch, but it is still something that we both happen to own the same set.



I have one last thing to share today. In May Tina in Slovenia sent me this card:


She enclosed with it an embossed panel and some flower die cuts that she used to make it. I have now made them into a card and I thought I would share it here:


What a gorgeous embossing folder it is. I used some metallic gilding wax to add colour and enhance the texture and then I coloured the flowers with alcohol markers. I added the leaves and arranged them on top of the sentiment strip. I finished it off with a few tiny gem flowers for the flower centres. I am quite pleased with it so I would like to know what you think.


Thanks Tina for the little gifts.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Adorable scorable coated card (blue), brown & orange 300gsm card
Stamps: Uniko, simply said
Dies: Pinkfresh Studios; Memory Box, pinpoint leaf plate

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 




22 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Hilary - that's just an amazing coincidence that we used the same die set for our cards!! At least I picked a different leafy circle so you'd have some variety - LOL! Just love what you did with your leafy circle and the sketch. That pinpoint leaf background is so pretty with it and I love the washi stripes too! Pretty card from Tina and I love the one you made with the bits she sent. How gorgeous with the embossed background you colored and texturized!!

Tina Z. said...

I noticed the similarities with Linda's card, how amazing is this. Both are such beautiful cards, I love your design.
Oh, and I like your embossed card too, the embossing folder is really gorgeous and now in such beautiful colours. It is so nice to see finished card.
Crafty hugs xx

Angelnorth said...

A bumper post Hilary! Love your CCC card and what a happy coincidence you and Linda used the same die set but chose different dies from it! Really pretty card with Tina's little extras from last month, too!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the leaf circle and stitched die background-love the card you made with the embossed panel and little flowers
Carol x

brenda said...

What a lovely idea this is sharing cards around the World. It's another superb CAS creation, you make it look seamless creating with such style.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

So happy to be the lucky recipient of your lovely card. I love everything about it! Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your CAS cards are amazing, you have a great eye for the details and all works so well together! The pinpoint leaf plate is in my wishlist by a lot of time and it's just perfect as background of your first card, with the stripes it make the leafy circle pop out!!
The embossed paper of the second card is really amazing, and such beautiful effect with the gilding wax, so feminine and delicate!! Again, love your attention to the details, those vibrant flowers with the sentiment strip are wonderful! And the pastel colours of the leaves don't distract the eye from the focal point. Perfection. I would wish being able to making CAS as you do! :)
P.S You won at CB, do you know? :)

Cat Craig said...

You rocked those colors and the sketch Hilary. Isn't it fun to play with the surprises someone sends along with their CCC card? The card you made with the supplies is lovely as well.

Robyn Oliver said...

Fantabulous... on a roll Hilary, this card is wonderful... great composition using the CCC sketch and colours...love the repeat of the leaves with the fab pinpoint background, hugs Robyn

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty! LOve that background die!
=]

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card with the embossed background so similar to your lovely circle fern die cut Hilary! You went to such lengths to use the correct colors on this with beautiful results. How interesting that the card you received from Linda had a very similar die cut circle fern!! - What a beautiful card you made with the pieces from Tina and how nice of you to share it with us!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch and colours Hilary. Such an eye catching design and the tape is so pretty and yes I was surprised the heat embossing worked too. A stunning card Hilary x. Linda and Tina's card are so pretty and I love the texture on your last card, so very pretty Hilary x.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Wendy L said...

Both gorgeous. X

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
I recognize the sjetch, however I didnt join you this time in the CCC. And that was a good choice, because i was so busy with work, Jesse's arrival etc..
Your card is beautiful. I like the leaves in the card. Marvelous die set!
Hope to join next time..

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous card design, clean and simple but beautifully detailed with the leaf pin prick background.
Lorraine

Bonnie said...

I think you succeeded beautifully, Hilary! I can see that Jo is thrilled with this card! Love what you've done with your gift! Another beautiful card, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

These are beautiful and love your embossing folders. xx

papierelle said...

Your card is very consistent, the background fits perfectly with the rest of the card. And Linda had almost the same idea as you.

Ashwini Rao said...

You've made fantastic use of the colors and the sketch, Hilary. I love the design, its so clean, but still full of texture and elements. I love the look of the orange-red leaf die cut. Its just fabulous! And using the washi tape - I didn't realize they were washi, and you've taken that to the next level by embossing the sentiment on it. Totally love that!! I'm very impressed by your card! :)

Greta said...

You are such a talented designer, Hilary! I noticed in the reveal post that you & Linda used the same die--meant to be! Love how you used Washi for the stripes & made the colors work beautifully! Absolutely gorgeous card with the gift items from Tina!