Sunday 1 August 2021

CAS Mix Up August

Today is 1st of the month so time for a new challenge over at CAS Mix Up. This month we are using stencils and Jenny is our host. She wants us to stamp through a stencil. I have found this one hard for some reason and have had several failed attempts. I think I keep picking the wrong stencil or the wrong stamp and it just didn't work for me, but I stuck at it and have come up with this card:



Before I tell you any more about my card  let me say we are welcoming 2 guest designers this month. Michele from I card everyone and Bobby from bits and pieces, two wonderful card makers so we are very honoured, welcome to you both.

For my card I used a piece of Bristol Board and grey ink to ink through my stencil creating an ombre effect. Keeping the stencil in place I stamped the diamond shapes across two sides then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the panel to size, mounted it onto some grey cardstock also cut with a stitched rectangle die. I stamped the hexagonal flower, die cut it and attached it to the corner and then tucked the sentiment into the space left under the small panel. After some agonising I decided to add a few silver hexagons to finish.





You have until 24th to join us and don't forget to visit the blog to get more inspiration and some links to technique videos to help.

Don't forget to keep it CAS

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
krafty Chicks #570 week 5, anything goes.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bristol Board; Grey cardstock; White card base
Ink: Distress ink, speckled egg; Catherine Pooler, rocking red
Stamps: AALL & Create #208; Uniko background builder
Dies: Create a Smile, stitched rectangles A6; Hexagon die, free from magazine
Stencil: Carabelle Studio, hexagonal pattern

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

conil said...

You couldn't prove you had difficulty with this technique based on your results. Mixing the geometrics using ombre and bold line stamps was a terrific idea then blending it with that sweet flower in the hexie was the perfect juxtaposition. I love the end result.

Mac Mable said...

What a striking design and the addition of the stamping through the stencil looks amazing Hilary x. so glad you stuck at it....Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

GerJanne said...

Oh wow i love what you did! It's amazing with the hexagons.
Hope to join you, no promises...;-)

Chrissie said...

Well it was really worth while persevering Hilary, this card is simply fabulous. I love the colours and the design is so cohesive! The colour blending is really subtle and it's altogether a fabulous card!
Chrissie x

Bonnie said...

You've aced this technique, Hilary! Love the gray and white stenciled background with the red diamonds peeking through! The pretty stamped flower rounds out the design beautifully!

Bunny said...

I love the grey and red. The hexagon and the flower look lovely. [Bunny]

Christine Alexander said...

love that colour combo and the geometrical design. Awesome card ♥

Loll said...

Great combination of stencil and stamps, Hilary! They look like they were made to go together. Wonderful geometric design with the pretty flower to top it off. Glad you persevered ... this is a fantastic card! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I think you've not given yourself enough credit! It's lovely! of course, you know you had me at grey, right? That sweet little daisy just brought such joy to the geometrics going on here with the stencil, and stamping! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! xx
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I've been admiring this card and think it's the most brilliant idea! Hilary, I think we are a little alike when it comes to doubting or second guessing ourselves. I, too, had several failed attempts. When I look at your card I only think how clever the design is and wish I'd done as well.

Cat Craig said...

Good for you to stick with it. And I have to say I am loving this graphic card. Fabulous color choices and I love the added bling to mirror the shapes. Yes that was a deliberate pun.Hugs.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous and I love the choice of colours!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

I agree with many of the other comments. It’s hard to tell that you struggled with this challenge. It turned out wonderful. And great colour choice. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your geometric stencil design with the stamping thru the stencil. Your colors and design are so beautiful and modernistic, Hilary. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Hilary, I love the geometrics of your card with all the angles and the little flower with it's angles to match.

Ashwini Rao said...

Smashing, my friend! I think after all that difficulty, you were bound to come with with a mega hit! I love how skillfully you've combined those unusual colors and brought together geometry and nature in harmony. Its just spectacular to see!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I finally got here for a closer look and WOW, your card iso awesome! So very original and effective!

Linda said...

So glad you stuck with it ..... this looks so cool!
The colours look fab and I really like the stamping .... great job! xx

Bobby said...

I love the graphic style of your panel, Hilary, and the color combo is fabulous. The flower adds just a touch of whimsy.