Wednesday 2 March 2022

February CCC Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 28 card makers took part and I sent my card to Lou in Australia. I am happy to say that it arrived on 28th - Phew...


This month I have used the sketch option, the heart theme and paint from the product options. I decided against using the colours.



I just love this little heart tree die from My Favourite Things and haven't really used it much, so I decided it was time to change that and thought it would fit well with the sketch.

I cut it from the centre of a white panel and then used a circle die to partially cut round the tree and a zig zag edge die to cut away half the panel. I found the background in my bag of backgrounds and thought it would work well here. It is a gelli print that I made using acrylic paint, a stencil and a magazine page. At the time I was trying to transfer the magazine page onto my print but it didn't work terribly well. Although if you look closely you can see some writing and the shadow of a face.


I cut the print with a stitched rectangle die and cut the white panel to size with the same die and layered it on top of the background. I would normally use foam tape to add some dimension but as my card was going to Australia I decided to keep it flat. It made it easier to inlay the die cuts too. I coloured the little hearts and tree trunk with alcohol markers and inlaid them back into the die cut. I added a few little gold jewels to add interest and added the die cut sentiment. Not a single stamped image was used in this one.


I made a stencil from copy paper and decorated the envelope and insert with it. A very straightforward  card to make, I was quite pleased with it, I hope you are too.

Unfortunately my card from Helen in Ohio has been delayed so I can't share it with you today.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Cardstock: White stamping card; black paper
Ink: Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Dies: MFT heart tree; Heffy Doodle edge die; Create a Smile stitched rectangle A6 dies; Sentiment die free with a magazine
Stencil: Altenew

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

17 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Incredible card! I love the inlaid die cutting, but the tree really stole my heart! I love how all the little leaves are, but the little hearts the most. Simply cute!

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful, Hilary! The die is so pretty!

Angelnorth said...

This has such a lovely fresh feel Hilary! The magazine Gelli transfer may not have worked as you planed but it made a fabulous background piece, no mistakes in art, only creative opportunities!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! I'm so impressed by the way you put all those different elements together, such fabulous look!! The heart are perfect catch eyes and the tree die is really pretty. You have had a so clever idea about partially cutting the zigzag and the circle, they work really well and the gelli print is just FABULOUS! Nobody could think that it's a try to transfer magazine paper, it seems made just for this card!! Well done also for the insert and envelope made with the handmade stencil, your style is always classy and so creative! Love so much this card and I'm sure your pal in Australia has loved too!!

Mac Mable said...

The die cut heart tree is fabulous and I love how you've done the 'leaves' Hilary x. Great use of your gel plate print and yes I can see the text and the face and it looks perfect with that fabulous tree x.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous gelli print and works perfectly with you beautiful die-cut tree
Carol x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is wonderful! Great take on the sketch!
And so smart to make it a thin card for Australia.
I don't expect from anyone to comment every day!! So nice you jump on in so often, I do appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hilary, this is a really gorgeous card... do love the heart tree and that fab stencilled strip.. hugs Robyn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - gorgeous heart tree, Hilary, and I love the gelli print!!

papierelle said...

Your implementation of the sketch is exceptionally beautiful. I'm excited.

Cat Craig said...

Aw, that tree is so darling in the sketch. Lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

You do the prettiest and most interesting things with your card crafting, Hilary! This is such a pretty card and fun to look at and read about. I love the die, and it makes a perfect stencil! Thought it must be a matching stamp, but then I read how you cleverly made a stencil. The gelli print background is rather mesmerizing. Interesting that you used a magazine page, not that I know anything about making gelli prints. Flat is good for mailing anywhere. Postage these days... yikes!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty tree, Hilary! I love the way you've cut this! The gel print makes a wonderful contrast!

Greta said...

Very creative design, Hilary! Just love the tree & the gel print was the perfect choice!

brenda said...

SO sorry I missed this one Hilary, think I've missed a lot the last week. I also missed signing up for CCC in February, a month to forget I think. A lovely card.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet take on the sketch, Hilary! I went for a very literal take and just swapped the shapes for hearts, but you had much more vision and this looks great, Jo x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh, Hilary, what a terrifically lovely card. It is elegant, upbeat and just as pretty as pretty can be. Not to mention deeply inspiring as those of us in the Northern Hemisphere passionately embrace spring's long-awaited return.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life