Sunday 6 March 2022

We Love Stamping March Challenge

Today is the first Sunday in March so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**  Anything Stamped with a Spring Theme **


I am really into my turnabout stamps at the moment and this lovely little wreath comes from the aptly named wreath turnabout set from Concord and 9th. I stamped it in spring colours for this challenge. We tend to think of wreaths for autumn or winter but I am not sure why so here we have a spring wreath.


The background panel was made very quickly with my 7x5 gelli plate. I used my Catherine Pooler mini ink pads direct to the plate and then added a stencil called pebbles by Spellbinders. The resulting print was lovely and soft which makes a good background. I mounted my circle on craft foam and inked the edges before attaching it to the card.


The sentiment is from the same set so it fits perfectly inside the wreath, it is stamped and clear heat embossed. The additional stamped elements are also pert of the same set.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won. This month the prize has been kindly donated by Rare Earth. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out?

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. I am also happy to say that there are some fabulous prizes prizes to be won. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 30th March.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
The 4 Seasons Challenge - Anything goes Spring



Supplies:
Cardstock: White Stamping card; Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Catherine Pooler, lime rickey, party dress, tiki torch and something borrowed
Stamps: Concord & 9th wreath turnabout stamp set
Dies: Waffle Flower nesting circles; Create a Smile scalloped rectangles A6

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

34 comments:

brenda said...

I wondered how you did the background, you have achieved such a soft delicate feel and carried the colours to the focal element, all very seasonal feeling.

B x

Zoechaos said...

This has quite a mixed media vibe to it. That Geliplate background is sooooo pretty and the idea of a spring wreath is delightful. A beautiful card xx Now if you had added something like mica powder into the the mix it would have become mixed media it really is as simple as that the use of two or more different mediums. So Pigment based ink and Dye based ink! Distress Inks and Pen colouring, any mix at all It does not have to be messy or abstract or anything at all like that. Best place to start get a piece of paper or card and make marks on it. Once you have something down the rest will follow. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Spring wreath with all the little stamps,and love the delicately coloured background
Carol x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a real beauty Hilary. Such delicate colours and work.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous display of colours ♥

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing card

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Diane said...

Very pretty with the soft colors of Spring! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

Oh Hilary this is just lovely! Beautiful springtime colors! I think EVERYONE is ready for Spring this year!!! I sure know I am! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Crafting Queen said...

Delightful card,love the soft spring colours. Anesha x

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely. Thi is so pretty and beautifully done, Hilary, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

The gel plate background is so pretty and soft and the stamped wreath is beautiful Hilary x. Love the stamping and the gentle colours and what a fabulous sentiment too x.

Mervi said...

Fabulous spring time wreath, gorgeous soft colours and background;-))m

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of your turnabout stamp! Love your colours choice, they are so vibrant and give a happy feel to the beautiful wreath! I initially thought that the background was vellum, well done with your gelli plate, such lovely soft colours!!
Hugs

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is a perfect springcard and beautifully stamped! I love the colours you've chosen.
What does 'go ro' means? I think it's a saying? You wrote it in a comment...

Linby said...

A beautiful spring wreath, such pretty colours and a wonderful background too.

Christine Alexander said...

Wow, your wreath came out beautifully with the spring colours ♥

Vee Cassidy said...

This is so lovely and delicate. I agree about Spring wreaths I made a couple for my doors last year. Vee xx

papierelle said...

Pure spring. Your card just puts you in a good mood.

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I saw quite a display of Spring wreaths at a Home Goods store recently - they might have taken their cue from you! This is so lovely - as is the background!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is a lovely spring wreath Hilary. Those inks are so vibrant. Because of you, I got some.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy gelli print background, Hilary - perfect for your spring wreath!!

Bonnie said...

Love these pretty spring-like colors, Hilary! They make such a pretty wreath!

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous especially with those CP Inks (I have quite a collection of them and love them). Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.
Donna

Leslie Miller said...

You have mastered the wreath builder! Such pretty colors, including the embossed sentiment which is very appropriate with this delightful card. I love the background, too, with the soft colors and pebble stenciling. I have a hydrangea and eucalyptus (faux) wreath at the end of my hallway, and a fern wreath (also faux) on my enclosed back deck, so I'm all for a wreath anytime of the year.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Tremendously pretty card. It has a timeless charm and elegance that instantly catches the eye and speaks to the springtime adoring heart.

Autumn Zenith đŸ§¡ Witchcrafted Life

Melanie Hungerford said...

So soft and pretty, you're right, wreaths can be beautiful with a spring theme! Thanks for sharing with us at Four Seasons.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, HilaryJane. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us, and please join us again soon. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creativity.
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons Challenge Blog

Greta said...

Beautiful Spring wreath, Hilary--love it!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary I want to thank you for your comment on my blog the funeral did go well but I got rather upset later on in the evening but my brother, Jess and I are coping ok at the moment I am rejoining blogland and the DT's in April, I hope, lol. take care
hugs
lolo

coldwaters2 said...

Oh dear Hilary I didn't mention the fact that I absolutely adore this gorgeous Spring creation a real beauty
hugs
lolo x

Loll said...

Such a pretty wreath, Hilary! I LOVE how happy this is with the lovely spring colours. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so pretty Hlary! Loving the geli plate BG... Thanks ever so much for your prayers and your support over this stressful time, sending hugs

Ashwini Rao said...

I'm glad you thought of a spring wreath - it looks delightful, full of colors and beauty. I can see why you'd want to play with it more and more! I'm loving your backgrounds as well - and this one, in particular, suites the spring wreath so well! Loving this one! :)