Friday 18 March 2022

We Love Stamping March Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder about the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything Stamped with a Spring Theme**


We have been enjoying some lovely Spring weather recently and it has definitely raised my spirits. The tulips aren't quite out yet, but the daffodils are glorious.

I have used another of my turnabout stamps for this one and have actually made a square card as I didn't want to cut up my background. I don't know whether you can see in the photos but the green turn was clear heat embossed, so there is some shine.


My positioning of the stamp was almost spot on, so I am pleased with the result. I stamped and watercoloured the tulips with the same orange and green as on the background and added some darker green to give more depth. They were fussy cut and added to the card. I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and heat embossed it. I didn't think the sentiment showed up very well so I outlined it with a fine liner pen. The vellum was wrapped around the card panel and edged with a piece of moss green twine. I added a bow just for a bit of extra interest.


I am very happy with the bright cheery nature of this card, I hope you are too.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won. This month the prize has been kindly donated by Rare Earth. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out?

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card.  The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 30th March

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Yesterday I had a day out at one of my favourite places, we drove to RHS Wisley and the sun shone all day. It truly is a very special place and is definitely one of my happy places. It is only March and yet it was a riot of colour with daffs, crocus, camellia, cherry blossom, hellebores and many other amazing plants doing their stuff in the sunshine. I have one picture to share, I need a new battery for my phone so was only able to take a few pictures before it gave out and for some reason, all the others were out of focus. Photography is not my strengths!



I am also sharing this at:
Taylor made card 4u March Challenge - Anything goes with optional theme spring Flowers




Supplies:
Cardstock: White stamping card; 6x6 kraft card base; vellum
Ink: Catherine Pooler melon ice, It's a girl, it's a boy, bellini, mardi gras
Stamps: Crafters Companion Buds and Blooms; Uniko Spring Botanicals, Tulip

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 



26 comments:

brenda said...

I think it must be a very good year for Daffodils as they seem more abundant than ever and many of ours very tall this year, they are a delight to see. Like you the tulips not quite there yet, but the Hyacinths and Violets are all out, they were transplanted from my parents garden and farm hederows years ago so have a special meaning.

The way you have used the worker stamps in the background works wert well carrying the colours of the focal blooms.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Your stamping looks amazing Hilary and what a happy and uplifting card. Fabulous Spring colours, love the tulips and great idea to edge the sentiment with the fine liner pen. What a treat with your trip out to RHS Wisley Hilary and doesn't this Spring like weather cheer us all up? x.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Spring card and stamped background,love the beautiful Tulips-ours are not out yet or the daffs ours always seem to be behind everyone elses!We do have one hyacinth in flower which I caught the dog eating!
Carol x

Linby said...

Your cards always have a wow factor and this one is no exception - it's so colourful and a wonderful layout too.
I'm pleased you got a visit to your happy place.

KraftyKoolKat said...

A fantastic creation Hilary. Your stamping of the background is awesome, I love the colours used too. Thank you for sharing your photo of your trip out, you are a better photographer than me. 🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mia said...

A beautiful spring card, Hilary. And, as I see from your lovely photo, spring is coming in UK too. Hugs, my friend.

Loll said...

Your card is bright and cheerful, Hilary. And a great nod to Spring which will be here soon! Love the combination of colours, especially the green which really pops with the clear embossing over top. Such a lovely cherry blossom tree in your photo ... we have lots of those in Vancouver. xx

Cat Craig said...

Wonderfully spring-y card Hilary. And it sounds as if you had a lovely day. The cherry blossoms are beautiful, and that sky reminds me of California.

Francesca said...

Beautiful spring card, love the tulips! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such cheerful card Hilary! Well done with your turnabout, the background is absolutely happy and very Spring like! The tulips are coloured wonderfully!!
Beautiful design, love so much the colours and the embossed green, as well the vellum with the bordered sentiment and the twine.
It seems you have had a fabulous day outdoor. Love the photo, such beautiful blue sky and blooms on the trees!
Hugs

Bonnie said...

This is so bright and pretty, Hilary! Love the tulips! They are some of my favorite Spring flowers!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, by now you know I adore tulips - real and stamped! Love the various colors [especially the green] you've added to their color! They do look right at home against this garden of delight!
So happy the weather is so good for you - we aren't far behind - I hope!
=]

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is Spring! Flowers, colours, tulip! The turnabout stamp is so lovely! And the photo of your favo place is marvelous. Here in The Netherlands it is beautiful weather too. I'm wandering every day and enjoy nature, the flowers, the blooming trees...Wow a free gift!

Mervi said...

Still half a meter snow on my tulips and daffodils, but the days are really warm and sunny, so the spring progress is going on...
Fabulous and lovely card, pretty colours;-))m

Ashwini Rao said...

What a fantastic card! I love seeing those cheerful colors, and you're becoming an expert in using turnabout stamps!! That background looks spectacular - could have made a card out of that alone! But the tulipes do look lovely. I have this stamp with me, and this is a wonderful inspiration! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tulips atop that turnabout background, Hilary! Wow - love the tree photo too - we still have snow on the ground so it'll be a while til the trees bud...

Zoechaos said...

Your picture from Wisley looks glorious what a lovely way to spend a sunny spring day. 'afraid I've been none to well so not had much chance to enjoy the glorious spring weather! You know I'm poorly the craft room has not tempted me once!!! I do love your card it screams spring. x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous card to cheer someone up Hilary - it certainly brought a smile to my face! I love the bright background you stamped and love the idea of the green stamping having a shiny texture too. Your beautifully coloured tulip looks gorgeous against the bright blooms too. How nice to have a day out at RHS Wisley. Bet you have come back with loads of inspiration! Vicky x

Christine Alexander said...

Spring keeps tempting us then we get a downfall or rain, although the cherry blossom are now out :) Your card is so pretty with all those spring colours ♥

papierelle said...

Pure spring and the card really puts you in a good mood.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary what a beautiful Spring card I love the tulips and that amazing zingy background a super creation
hugs
lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Great technique and fabulous result, love the colours

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness gracious, your floral background is fabulous and perfect! That's what they say about practice and you, Hilary, have achieved perfection. Spring is such a lovely thing and spoken beautifully on your card. It sounds like you had a wonderful day out. I could kick myself when I don't notice my camera battery is getting low because I do love photography.

Greta said...

Always fun to use embossing for one of the turns--so pretty! Love how you colored the tulips to match the background! Looks like a beautiful place with lots of things blooming!

Ros Crawford said...

And it's beautiful IRL!! I have it on my shelf and it makes me smile... Thank you so much

Witchcrafted Life said...

My word, this is lovely. What an upbeat gem of a springtime greeting. I feel as though its delightful floral design would look great as a wallpaper, dishware pattern, or even a rug as well.

Wishing you a sunny, marvellous April that is every bit as beautiful as this card, sweet lady.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life