Friday 15 July 2022

CAS Mix Up July Reminder

Today is the 15th March so time for a reminder about our current challenge over at CAS Mix Up. This month we are using watercolour and Linda is our host. She wants us to place things with wings on our cards.




I hope I can get away with calling this card CAS, I really wanted to use the flower background die as I thought it matched my flower quite well. Is there enough white space? 


The hardest thing on this card was making sure the central die was in the right place. I coloured my flower and bee with my zig watercolour pens and then mounted them with foam pads. The hi came with the flower stamp and was stamped directly on the panel which was mounted on a coloured card base.


I am loving all the watercoloured cards so far this month


You have until 24th to join us and don't forget to visit the blog to get more inspiration and some links to technique videos to help.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Cardstock: White 250gsm card; Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Zig clean colour real brush pens
Stamps: Altenew wonder flower and die; Tonic Studios sunshine and sunflowers stamp set (bee)
Dies: Creative Expressions Canadian collection - background; Lisa Horton tatty layers lily rose panel

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

16 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Plenty of white space for me, Hilary! Just love that tile coverplate and it complements your flower beautifully!!

Viv said...

This is so pretty Hilary! x

Christine Alexander said...

wow, that die cut background is gorgeous and so is your little bee ♥

nancy littrell said...

You CAS design works for me, Hilary. I LOVE your die cut background for your sweet die cut flower and bee. All your elements go beautifully together. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is very pretty and I love the die cut panel, it work so well to showcase your beautiful flower and little bee images.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such amazing floral diecut background panel Hilary, snf I agree with you, it matches so well the cute flower! Cute bee and sentiment too! Have a lovely weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, Hilary, this is so pretty! The die cut background is the first thing that caught my eye. Fantastic! I'm so not the one to say if it's CAS enough, ha! I rarely get things CAS enough. It happens now and then by accident, but never when I'm really trying. I generally end up adding something to those cards later. Everything on your card is perfectly coordinated and looks like it's all part of the same set.

brenda said...

Looks CAS to me Hilary and it certainly does coordinate with the die which I must add is a really pretty one.

B x

Cat Craig said...

So striking Hilary. I love the die/flwoer combo. Lovely design.

Ashwini Rao said...

Sure, there's plenty of white space! The die cut looks fabulous, and so does that pretty flower - what a lovely design! I love the look of them together with the bee. It's in for a treat! Gorgeous card, Hilary!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary that panel is stunning and such a pretty place to plant your posie - and that sweet little winged thing!
I often ask, 'is it CAS enough?' about my own CAS designs!
=]

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
I just love your card. The little bee also. I will see if I can join you.
Would be nice....

Bonnie said...

What a pretty, lacy background, Hilary! I love that purple showing through and the pretty flower and darling little bee that looks like he's quite taken with the flower! Thank you for remembering my birthday. I love the sweet row of tulips and die cut tree with the bird and birdhouse!

Loll said...

Your adorable bee looks like he's heading for some lovely nectar from your pretty flower. The background flowers do look similar to your large flower ... a great pairing, Hilary. xx

Linda said...

This is so pretty, what a beautiful die in the background. Love the little bee on the flower! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi, Hilary, I have to say that I missed this one and what a beauty it is I want to thank you so much for sending me this for my birthday I received it this morning and I LOVE it it will be treasured always,
hugs
lorraine x