Monday 18 July 2022

We Love Stamping July Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder about the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything stamped with the option of hot sunny colours **


The background for this card was made using my gelli plate and distress oxide inks. I really like the look you can create and I think I have now used all the ones I created in my last session, so time for another I think. I stamped the image in sage ink and clear heat embossed it before adding colour to elements of the stamp. I added the butterflies to the background with a stencil for a little extra interest.



As I have used a succulent stamp for this card I thought it was an opportunity to show you a few more pictures of my succulents. These are current pictures taken recently.


There are a variety of different succulent pots on the wall in the photo above and a few smaller ones in the photo below. They are in a ceramic bird bath, which the birds never used so I repurposed it as a succulent stand. It works quite well.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize is a mixed media bundle from Oakwood Archer. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 3rd August.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Cardstock: white stamping card; Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Distress Oxide spiced marmalade, dried marigold, twisted citron; Catherine Pooler sage
Stamps: Uniko happy succulents; Sentiment Concord & 9th triple step autumn leaf
Dies: Lisa Horton tatty layers tickseed panel
Stencil: Funky Fossil (butterflies)

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 


19 comments:

Linby said...

I love the graduated colour you achieved on this pretty card. A beautiful stamp which works so well with your stencilling.

brenda said...

A very pleasing colour palette Hilary and what better for Summer than a kaleidoscope of Butterflies. Your Succulents look amazing.

B x

papierelle said...

I am very thrilled about your card. Incredibly beautiful how the succulents look on it.
And as I can see, you have enough role models where you can get inspiration and templates!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the subtle stencilling in the background, perfect for the bold stamping.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Hilary, such elegant, delicate and vibrant look has your card! Your own gelli plate background is so soft and perfectly blended, plus has a bit of texture that makes it also more interesting! My gelli sessions are more busy, chaotic and messy for sure! :D Love the embossing that gives a dimensional look to the flowers and the classy design!
Your succulents looks wonderful in all the different vases, such a big variety of them! I can see some that I have too, especially the one in the big vase on the wall, mine it's just invasive! :)
Have a lovely week
Hugs

Darnell said...

I love the sunny warmth of your beautiful card, Hilary! And you know I'm crazy about your brilliant display of succulents! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and background love the succulent stamp and your beautiful selection of plants
Carol x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary. I love the colour palette. Great display of succulents. When I bought them I always killed them off with too much kindness. Over watering was my problem or ther ants ate them away.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous succulents card, Hilary - just love your gelli print too!! Oh my, more garden photos - so amazing! I shudder to imagine what you'd think of my yard with its burnt yellow grass & little else... Thanks for sharing and making me envious!!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is wonderful. Love that stencil! And the succulents are amazing! So many and so great! The different colours, I love! You must have talked with them! (In Holland they always say, that a plant will grow and bloom when you're talking to them)

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, Hilary. The gelli plate background adds a lovely texture.

I Card Everyone said...

A wonderful card AND a garden tour?? You spoil us today, Hilary! Your garden is so lovely - and do I spot one of these succulents blooming?? You have a gift, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic gelli plate background, Hilary and shows your succulent stamp perfectly! Love the butterflies in the background! You have an awesome collection of succulents!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how the card looks so soft, even with the embossing of the focal with a darker color. Your background, of course, is really lovely.
The succulents look so great!! My sister has plans to plant some after we move, and I'm looking forward to them as well! :)

Loll said...

Gorgeous colours for your gelli print background Hilary. Love the stamped succulents and the stenciled butterflies. Fabulous design. What an amazing garden you have!! Wish I could pop by and have a cool drink with you and wander around to see all your amazing plants. xx

Mervi said...

So lovely and beautiful card and the butterflies are flying fabulously in the background;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful creation Hilary I love the colours and that embossing really stands out I am also in love of your display of plants amazing
hugs
lorraine x

Leslie Miller said...

Hilary, I love your pretty card with the stamp, the ink blended background, and the stenciled butterflies. You've put your creativity to work here and it's lovely. I've spent quite a long time in your real life garden, too. I clicked to enlarge and stepped right in, but how I would love to walk out there for real. Thank you so much for sharing.

Greta said...

Beautiful card & love all your succulents!