Friday 1 July 2022

July CAS Mix Up

It is the first of the month so time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up, I do hope you will be able to join us. This month we are using watercolour and  Linda is our host. She wants us to add things with wings to our watercoloured CAS card.



I am quite proud of this card because I actually used splatters and they turned out OK. I do love splatters on cards but rarely use them on my own cards because they never turn out how I want them to. I have decided to stop fretting and just do it and it worked. This time anyway!


This is one of Tonic Studios stamp club sets which have loads of stamps and matching dies. My collection of these sets is growing slowly as I wait for the offers before buying and really like the flower ones.



My sunflower was coloured with my Zig water colour pens, cut with the matching dies and stuck to the card, simple. The little bee and sentiment are also in the set.


You have until 24th to join us and don't forget to visit the blog to get more inspiration and some links to technique videos to help.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Watercolour paper; Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: versamark onyx black
Stamps: Tonic Studios Stamp Club set 10, sunshine and sunflowers
Dies: Create a Smile stitched rectangle
Other: Zig clean colour real brush pens

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

15 comments:

Viv said...

Bumbly looks right at home atop this pretty sunflower Hilary! Lovely make.
(And you can never go wrong with spatters - says the self confessed spatter addict!) xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful sunflower and little Bee -I love splatters but the last time I had lovely splatters all over the desk/phone and floor---one solitary splatter on the card!!! Tried all different ways-must practise it more lol
Carol x

Bonnie said...

This is a gorgeous flower, Hilary! Love the bright colors and that sweet bee! Great job on the splatters!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
Of course you are proud! It's a marvelous card with the splatters, the flower and the 'thing with wings'!
Hope the splatters were only on your card ;-)
And I like this challenge, maybe I will join you..

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Hilary, such adorable card! Fabulous watercolouring on the beautiful sunflower! I have sunflowers in my garden and love them. Your bi-colour splatters look great!
Have a lovely weekend!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stamped and watercolored with Zigs sunflower, Hilary. TFS your detailed decription. You splatters using same colors as on your sunflower turned out perfect! TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Ashwini Rao said...

I'm in love with that sun flower! The little bee looks right at home! The Zig coloring really makes the whole thing look nice and bright and your splatters look just perfect! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, this is stunning - splatters and all! Those bumble bees do love sunflowers - almost as much as I do!
=]

Loll said...

So sweet! Love your large sunflower, Hilary. So pretty with the splatters in the background --- great job! And that bee is adorable! xx

Julia Aston said...

I just love the bee buzzing on your sunflower leaf Hilary! And the splatter background! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous sunflower, Hilary - just love your watercoloring and splatters!!

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty watercolored sunflower with bee, and perfect splatters! I'm never sure how mine will come out.

Brenda in IN said...

This is so pretty and I really admire your splatters. I just tried that on my previous card and failed miserably. Yours are perfect and I love the card and fun little bee.

Greta said...

So pretty!

Linda said...

This looks fab! Love the sunflower with the tiny bee ..... he's just adorable. I love a good splatter on my cards, it's one of those things that you've just got to go for it and you've done a great job here xx