Sunday 4 September 2022

WLS September Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

I have been away for the last few days on my annual trip with my 2 sisters and sister in law, so I am sorry if I am bit slow visiting everyone. All being well, I will be home on Sunday and will be catching up over the next few days. We are in Hereford, which is a really lovely town with amazing countryside all round it. Lots of hills, which, coming from Suffolk, I am not used to. It is also quite green here compared to my home county which is very brown and parched from the drought. Although there has been rain to keep things green, the river levels are unusually low. It is all quite a worry.

But, let’s get back to the cards. This month our theme is:

** Anything goes **


Today I have used something on my card that I have been meaning to do for a long time. I even have a pile of books set aside to use. Yes, it is a book page. I am not really sure why I have a pile of books set aside for this as I am very unlikely to use just one books worth in my card making career!


I started with my page and then took some inks and stencils and started adding interest to it. I think you can see that on the close up below. Then I stamped in black and clear heat embossed that geometric stamp. I filled some of the shapes with a brown wink of stella pen and mounted my page onto a piece of no shed glitter paper, so there is plenty of sparkle on this card.


The rose was stamped and heat embossed in black, coloured with polychromos pencils and fussy cut. The sentiment, from the same stamp set was stamped in black and clear heat embossed onto the coloured card base. The rose was left over from when I made this card.

I am quite pleased with this one, I hope you like it too.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize has been kindly donated by Highlight Crafts and consists of 2 Vintage Inc stamp sets. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 28th September

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hunky Dory mattastic adorable scorable card
Ink: Versamark; Versafine onyx black
Stamps: Uniko pure florals - rose and background blocks arts decorations clear stamp
Stencils: The Range
Other: Wink of Stella

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

brenda said...

The Geometric design works really well onto the book script Hilary, it's something I like to do onto old poetry pages (Charity shop) but invariably the scrip is narrow compared to a normal book so doesn't work with all stamps. The Rose really finishes your card of beautifully.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Hilary this is absolutely beautiful what an awesome-looking card the geometric design is amazing so is that rose top-notch work
hugs
lolo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so lovely Hilary. I adore that background you have created. I hope you have enjoyed a lovely time away.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the beautifully coloured rose and the geometric stamp looks brilliant on the book page
Carolx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love this beautiful geometric design, a fabulous card.
Lorraine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous stained glass window effect, Hilary! Love it!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is such a warm, wonderful, beautiful card, Hilary. It draws one right in... I tried my best to read the book page, ha! Seriously, the stained glass over the book page is one of the more brilliant design ideas I've seen. The colors all over your card blend harmoniously, the rose is lovely. Your girl trip sounds delightful. Any change of scenery sounds good to me right now, but a girl trip is really special.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! How beautiful look has the geometric background with the stencilling and the brown sparkling shapes!! Love that the book page is more large than the stamp and the rose is just fabulous, a true catch eyes!! The glossy finish of the clear embossing and the silver glittered frame finish your card perfectly!
I'm glad you have had a lovely time with your sister!
Hugs

Cat Craig said...

Another stunning card, Hilary. I love the subtle sparkle from the brown WoS and the base layer. The geometric over the book page is fabulous. So much to look at and learn from here. Fantastic.

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
good to hear you are on a holiday this week with 'the girls'. We call that a sistersweek in our family. What I can understand you are enjoying the surroundings as well as the company!
The card is a beauty. Sometimes one book is enough in your stash for cardmaking, ;-) And it is a good idea to use it, marvelous effect!
Bye for now!

Ashwini Rao said...

I am impressed with the book page background. I've mostly used book pages when doing mixed media; never on a card. This is really inspirational! I'll remember to use it myself as well! You've somehow managed to make that book page and glitter look great together and make it a gorgeous card!

Mervi said...

Stunning rose and fabulous background, gorgeous card.

Bonnie said...

What a great background for this pretty rose, Hilary!

Christine Alexander said...

amazing geometrical shape background for your beautiful flower. Love the whole effect ♥

Linby said...

I have this stamp and sad to say never used it. I had great ideas for it as a backdrop but you have used it brilliantly. Always worries me when you use book pages that some inappropriate wording will be visible lol!

Sarn said...

I do like it!

Love the geometric design over the book page and then the cute flower to one side. xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card and awesome colours, Love this design xx

Greta said...

Creative & beautiful! Hope you had a great time away!

papierelle said...

Here you have created a very special card. It looks like a stained glass window. The book page behind it is also a great idea!